1. MY AADI

Prisha's POV  

It has been five days since I talked to maa. She and papa left yesterday as they had to go back too. I didn't want to feel it, but I was getting suffocated in this house. It was getting harder to breathe with each passing day. I know I have to leave this house sooner now. My mental health was suffering even though I wanted it to be okay. And staying in this house will only make it worse. I don't want my little bean to suffer because his mom was not brave enough.

But there's a problem, I don't know where to go. I never had a job because everyone wanted me to marry as soon as possible. So just as I completed my masters I was done. There wasn't a need to work after getting married, Shourya took care of all my needs. Even though it felt weird staying at home and doing nothing. It was what it was. Shourya discussed many things with me as I do have a degree in business and finance but I never went to the office.

But now it won't do, I have to do something. I know I can find a job but doing so while pregnant was too much for me.

I was going to the kitchen when I heard,  " The company needs someone. It can't work anymore without anyone taking up the mantle. " I heard maa talking.
" What can I do? I can't do anything even if I go. I don't know any of the projects going on. Everything was done by Shourya. Prisha was the one who handled them on paper while he applied it. "

I couldn't hear more, so I left. Even his name makes me nauseous now. It was difficult to believe it but I had to face the reality, my husband cheated on me with my best friend. He could've told me he didn't love me anymore and I would've gladly made way for Arohi in his life but he didn't do that, he took the easy way out.

In the evening, a lawyer came to our house, I don't know why he was here. Maa and baba had the same doubts. When baba asked, he explained to us, " Mr. Agnihotri had asked me to prepare a share transfer agreement. "

" Why would he need one? " Baba asked, that was what bothered me too. He never said anything about it. I scoffed as soon as I thought that, it's not like he told you everything.

" I don't know, he just came to me two months ago and asked me to prepare two papers. "

" What two? " I asked, immediately latching onto the word, it felt important.

" An agreement and divorce papers. " Even though the news shouldn't have come as a shock, I still couldn't control the shudder that went through me after hearing it. He prepared divorce papers, two months ago. Even before he left, on one side he was promising me to come back soon and on the other preparing to get free of this marriage. The hypocrisy of his actions infuriated me and for the first time in the past twenty days I wanted to curse him. I wanted to say that I was glad he's dead because I would've killed him if he was alive.

I sat on the sofa before talking any more, I don't want any accident to happen and as much as I would like to think I'm prepared for anything, I know I'm not. Seeing me getting seated everyone also sat down.

" Did he sign those papers? " I asked, I had to know that if he was leaving knowing what he was doing.
" No. He didn't come to sign them. He wanted to tell you first. " At least he was decent enough to not do this behind my back. I could see the pity in Mr. Singh's eyes but I turned away. I've seen enough of these looks in the last few days to last me a lifetime now.

" What's in the papers? " I asked, gesturing for the other set of papers he had brought.

" He named all the shares under his name to yours. " I was grateful that I decided to sit because I wouldn't have been able to handle this. So this was what he was doing. Compensating me in such a way. You sure are a great businessman Shourya Agnihotri. Even your divorce is a deal for you. You could have told me the truth and I would've walked out of this marriage without a penny of yours but you had to play such a despicable game.