24. NONE

Author's POV

The only sound in the bathroom was the flow of water. It drowned out everything else or maybe it was his gaze that drowned everything for her.

Her breath hitched and she forced herself to breath in, her gaze fixed unblinkingly on him as she wondered if he said it or whether her brain had mustered some sort of auditory hallucination for her.

He took a step towards her and she froze, her eyes tracked his movement and his whole frame. From his face to his arms, to everything she could see.

“ You haven't answered me. ” He asserted while taking another step ahead and it made clear to her that it wasn't a hallucination, she had heard him.

“ Did you not hear me? Should I repeat the question? ” He questioned as his feet took another step, knowing well enough that she heard him the first time, loud and clear.

She still stood in the same position, feeling that if she turned she might not be able to face him without a barrier between them. The mirror provided her a filter from his gaze and she was worried that without it she might crumble.

“ If I kiss you this instant, what are the chances I'll get to see you again? ” With his words he closed the last remaining distance between them.

He stood half a foot behind her, if she tried to turn she would collide into him and it was this instant that she came to her senses. Regret filled her as she realised she could've used the time before to leave but heat filled her as she realised she had no exit.

The warmth radiated from him was felt too acutely by her, his scent filling her sense while hers managed to drive him more uncontrollable than he already was.

He had been barely controlling himself when she came to the party, not just the party but to him. He had thought that she'd leave as soon as Aadi came to him but she stayed, she stayed and met his friends, his family and she fuckin’ stayed.

Abhimanyu had been teasing him ever since he arrived and with her arrival his teasing knew no bounds. The jealousy he felt from Aadi even encouraged him to be more outrageous than he had been before.

The drinks arrived just in time for a break and when Aadi caused that innocent mishap, he got it.

He just hadn't expected that she would arrive after him. He thought she'd be glad to be free of him after all.

The whole events of the evening and adding the picture Kartik sent him to the mix, it was enough to tip him over the edge.

Kartik had managed to sneak in a shot of them talking but that wasn't the big deal. It was the way it looked, Abhimanyu held Aradhya and while he himself wasn't touching Prisha, his eyes never left her.

The shot was captured when she was talking to Aradhya and with the way Aadi snuggled in his neck, resembling diya's posture, along with his eyes that refused to leave her face, it made it whole.

They looked like a family of three, no one who saw that picture could contest against it. It looked like two best friends meeting along with their families.

So when he saw her at his door, he called her in. The excuse was ridiculous but it was the only one he could find at the moment. He knew if he thought for a second more, she'd leave, so he said the first thing he thought of.

When she left the door open he wanted to ask what she was afraid of but refrained when he saw she wasn't in yet.

There was no stopping him though, he knew he was going to do something tonight. It had been long due, but he just had to make sure of the consequences before acting in his impulses.