15. LUNCH

𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨. 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐭.

~𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐚 𝐀𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐫𝐢

.

Kunal’s POV

“ So this week's theme will be night? ” I asked when I was finally able to focus on her words rather than her voice.

“ Yeah if it's okay with you. We saw the designs and that's the one which suits the most. ” She answered and before I could get distracted once again I turned my gaze to the designs on the table.

The theme for the moon and stars collection could only be night. The collection is something our designer had been working on for more than a year, its drafting had started even before that.

“ Fine then. We'll go with it. ” I affirmed and she nodded as she collected the pages from the table. I could help but I don't know if I would be able to stop the urge to hold her hand.

I'm seriously finding my situation funny by now. I can't even focus when she's in the same room and she seems to be totally unaffected by my presence. I don't think she even thinks of me as one of her employees, even they have her attention more than me. At least she looks at them when all I get are folders of pages and suggestions on the event.

“ Then we'll make the preparations. ” She said and I nodded and before I could second guess my decision I was saying it, “ Wait. ”
“ Yes? Anything you need Mr. Rajvansh? ” She asked and I was irked, I asked her to call me by my name but I don't see it happening any time near in the future.

“ You. ” I blurted and there was a pause, her hands which were collecting the pages stiffened. Wrong time to be honest Kunal. Tone it down.

“ Excuse me? ” She asked, completely bewildered. She looked ready to bolt out of the door and if I don't salvage the situation soon my love story might end before it has even started.

“ I mean let's have lunch together. ” I suggested, as if it was completely normal, it is right? Having lunch with partners is no big deal.

She looked at me and while I liked having her attention, it was all for wrong reasons. So I explained, hoping to justify my words, “ What I meant was let's have a chat that's not about business. ”

That didn't come out as I had expected but it would do for now.

“ But you are here for business. ” She said as if just stating the truth. And I know she is but I have to start somewhere, okay?

“ Fine, then consider it business but let's have lunch together. ” I said, not even caring how that might have sounded. I could feel Ashish's gaze digging at my back and he was trying damn hard not to gape.

“ If it's what you want. Let me make a call first. ” She replied and I released the breath I didn't know I was holding as she made her call.

I couldn't clearly hear her conversation but I could guess it was Aadi whom she called.

Ah, it reminds me. I looked around to see my brother still crouching in the same position I saw him an hour ago. His legs must've gotten stiff, he was still oblivious to me looking at him as he was focused on her. I took a step in her direction, blocking his gaze as it met mine. And not even a second passed before he was scurrying off to his room.