chapter four

"Justine's gonna your with you." His manager said as they all sat having another meeting. "You're gonna make the announcement on your radio interview today as well as your relationship announcement. Justine will come to the studio with you."

"She's gonna do the interview with me or is she gonna stand behind like Jacob usually does?" Chresanto asked. "She'll be standing behind unless they ask for her which I'm sure they will as soon as you make the announcements."

"And that's it?" Chresanto asked. "Yep. Unless anyone has anything else then this meeting is adjourned.

Everyone stood up and left slowly except Jacob as soon as the words were out of her mouth, he was gone.

"Jacob." Chresanto called after him as he followed him out of the building. "What?" He finally stopped once he was outside.

"Are you okay?" Chresanto asked grabbing his hand. Jacob pulled his hand away and rolled his eyes. "I'm not okay. Why would you ask that?" Jacob asks. "Babe, I'm sorry." Chresanto tries but Jacob steps back. " Aren't you worried that someone might see us. See what we're doing. Find out you're gay." Jacob tests with a smirk but it quickly disappears, "I'm tired. Really tired. I've put aside my own career so I could follow you around like some love struck puppy, but no more. I'm tired of coming to these meetings and being embarrassed in front of everyone in that room, because I have to plan what you're going to do with some other perso that's not me. I can't do this anymore really. I'm going to make you choose now. It's either me or her."

Chresanto sighs, "Jacob, you know I can't."

"Can't? Or don't want to? There are plenty of successful gay musicians out there. Sam Smith, Frank Ocean, there's plenty."

"Okay, but that's them. I'm not ready for that type of pressure. I'm about to start my third tour, I'm not ready to be called a faggot."

"I'm giving you this choice right now." Jacob folded his arms. "Jake. I can't right now. I just can't."

Jacob scoffs. "Fine. I'll see you around."

Jacob shakes his head before walking off.

"Jake." Chresanto called after him, but Jacob ignored him and kept going.

...

It was no surprise to Chresanto that Jacob didn't show up for the interview. "Ah, your friend didn't come with you today?" The interviewer asked. "Nah something came up."

"I heard from other radio stations that he's usually pretty fun to have around."

Chresanto nodded in agreement. "Alright, lets get started then."

The interviewer, whose name was James, introduce Chresanto then got right into the questions, "What do you enjoy most about being a musician?"

"Being able to sing to all these people and inspire and relate to so many different people."

"What do you like least about it?"

"The lack of an actual private life. I can't go out to eat with someone and then not see it on the internet the next day."

"Speaking going out to eat with someone. We here at the studio saw that you were out with Justine and heard that she came here with you today."

"Yeah, she did come here with me and we did go out to eat lunch."

"Is there something going on between the two of you?"

"Uh, yeah. I met her through a friend and we hung out and stuff and we've gotten pretty close now. We made us official a couple of days ago. She's also going to be touring with me which should be cool. Spending four months doing what you love with the person you like."

"Tell me about the tour."

"It'll be my third tour and I think my most successful one yet. It's already, been sold out in four cities. So those of you trying to wait, don't wait too long. My 2015 Some Kinda Fire tour is kicking off May twenty-ninth."

"You heard him. Now, let's get to some questions people want to know. Who inspired you to start singing."

"Growing up, my parents always had me listening to music greats like Luther Vandross and Stevie Wonder. I'd put on shows for my parents and grandparents dancing around an singing into a hair brush."

"That's cute, man. You said earlier that you rarely have any private time. What's a side of you that comes out whenever you do have private time?"

Flashes of Jacob and him laying back in bed and laughing and cuddling popped into his head. "I'm definitely more relaxed. That's it really. I'm more relaxed."

"When are you completely satisfied with your work?"

"I think I'm most satisfied when I get positive feedback from the fans on like social media and when am album or song tops the charts. That's when I'm really satisfied." Chresanto smiled.

...

Chresanto walked into his hotel room to see Jacob sitting on the bed and looking out of the window.

"How'd your interview go?" Jacob asked as he stood up and turned toward Chresanto. "It was okay. Kind of boring."

Jacob chuckled, "I was really upset earlier and I really understand. I know I keep saying this, but I shouldn't force you into doing something you're not ready for and although, I won't be here waiting for you forever, I'll be here waiting for you as a friend or as a lover once you've decided you're ready to take that step and I won't rush you, but like I said, I won't wait forever."

Chresanto nodded, " I wont make you wait that long. After this tour is over and I call things off with Justine, I'll do it. I promise. Chresanto held up his pinky finger and pulled Jacob close to him. "Promise." Chresanto waved his pinky in Jacob's face

"Promise?" Jacob held his up too.

"Promise." Chresanto repeated as he hooked their fingers together.