chapter six

Jacob woke up in an empty bed and and room. He sat up seeing a yellow note at the end of the bed.

'Went out to handle some business. I'll be back around noon for our date '

Jacob smiled and put the note on his nightstand before getting out of bed and going to the kitchen. It was already almost 11 so he needed to hurry.

He saw another note on the counter.

Ordered breakfast for you. It's in the microwave.'

Jacob took out a box with the hotel's logo on it out and opened it seeing heart shaped chocolate waffles, bacon, eggs and strawberries.

He smiled as he took it and sat down on the couch and began eating. He was watching a celebrity news when he saw that they had some special news about Justice and Chresanto.

He probably broke up with her. That's what he meant by handling his business.

Jacob smiled at the thought.

While he was waiting for the news to come back on, his phone rang. The picture that Frank had taken of the two of them at the amusement park flashed onto his screen and he quickly answered it.

"Hey what's up?" Jacob said leaning back against the back of the couch. "I was wondering if you're busy today? A couple of friends and I are going out."

"Sorry, Chresanto and I made plans, but he's never one hundred percent, so I'll call you if he cancels." Jacob frowned. "Oh, well, I'll talk to you later." Frank sighed.

Jacob hung up the phone and saw that the news was talking about the Kardashians. He finished eating his breakfast and figured he must've missed the segment they had on Chresanto and Justine.

He went to take a shower and get ready for the date.

When he got out he expected Chresanto to be back, but he was still alone in the hotel room. He got dressed and then checked his phone.

There was a text from Chresanto.

'I'm sorry. I'm sure you've seen the news and if you haven't you'll see it soon, but I didn't break up with Justine. Well I did, but she called management and they told me that if I didn't do something with her to make a scene, they'd drop me from the label. I know I'm about to sound like an asshole but I can't let that happen. I love what I do and I'll do anything to keep doing that, even if it means I have to let you go. I'm sorry that I've fooled you into thinking that our time would come for this long. Don't be mistaken, I love you so much, I just love my career more. I really hope that this isn't the end of us and hopefully one day, I'll keep my promise, but I just can't right now.'

Jacob felt his heart clench. Not as much as it would've a year ago but it still hurt a lot. Then he got angry. The fucking nerve of this boy. He fucking tells him to stay and that he's serious this time, but like every other time, it's shit. Chresanto is shit.

'You're a real piece of shit. I hope we never see each other again and I hope your shitty ass career is worth it.'

Jacob quickly exited out of his messages. And opened his contacts before scrolling down to Frank's number.

"Hey, where are you? My plans fell through." Jacob said when he answered.

...

Jacob met Frank at a bar. It wasn't like how people usually describe bars. It was quiet with soft Jazz music playing in the background and the lights were blue but it was still light enough to see where you were going. Jacob saw Frank with a few of his friends and he didn't notice Jacob until he was standing at the end of their table.

"I'm glad you came," Frank says standing up and hugging him. "I've been saving you a seat all night." He says pointing to a seat next to him. "Thank you." Jacob sits down. "Well these at my friends Tyler, Willy, Earl, Jasper, and Lucas."

"I know. Chresanto was a fan of Odd Future so I picked up some stuff." Jacob shrugged. "It's nice to meet you all."

There are drinks all over the table and Jacob just sits there awkwardly staring at Frank as he talks to his friends. "You okay?" Frank asks as he turns to the silent boy next to him. "Yeah, just a bit nervous." Jacob smiles.

"I can give you something to drink if you'd like," Frank suggests and Jacob just nods. Frank grabbed the bottle of Absolut Vodka and a tall shot glass and poured some into it.

Jacod thanked him before drinking it all wincing as it burned his throat.

"I know something." Frank whispered in Jacob's ear as he poured him another drink. "What?" Jacob asked, his voice hoarse since he was still recuperating.

"You like Chresanto, don't you." Frank asked and Jacob froze. "How'd you know?" Jacob asked. "I just related it to my situation. Tyler's on tour and all but I haven't been following him around the country so I figured there had to be a reason and its because you like him."

Jacob sighed before covering his face with his hands. "That's an old chapter in my life. I'm turning over a new leaf. Now, I'll just follow you around."

Frank smiled, "You like me?"

Jacob nodded, "And don't think of yourself as a rebound, think of yourself as my savior, because if it weren't for you, I'd still be following behind him."

Frank chuckled, "Well, you're welcome. Cheers." He held up his and Jacob followed suit before downing all of it.

...

What Frank didn't know was that getting Jacob drunk wouldn't make him loosen up, he just sat there being even more quiet than he originally was. At least he's not some wild sloppy drunk though. "I'm going to take him home. I'll see you guys later." Frank says as he helps Jacob stand up and they make their way outside.

"Should I take you back to your hotel?" Frank asks Jacob as they get into the car waiting for them.

Jacob shakes his head. "Then I'll take you back to my hotel. Don't worry, there's two beds."

Jacob nodded before laying his head on Frank's shoulder. He sighed contentedly and then closed his eyes. "Don't go to sleep please, then I'll have to carry yo-"

Frank stopped as he heard quiet snores coming from his mouth. He chuckled before softly patting Jacob's leg. "I'll carry you up the stairs."

He took out his phone to snap a picture of the two of them for his Instagram.

Taking this sleepy head home...

He quickly uploaded the picture making sure to tag Jacob in it and then he put his phone away.

Sorry it took me so long to update. I've been with my dad and his WiFi sucks ass so I didn't really want to be bothered with it but I'll try to update all my stories within this weekend but if not, I'll definitely do it when I get home.