chapter sixteen

Jacob choked on his coffee. He quickly grabbed a napkin and wiped his mouth as he coughed and looked at her incredulously. "What? Where is this coming from?"

"I heard you and him talking. He called you baby and you said that you guys couldn't be friends after what you had."

Jacob tried to think of what to say to deter her from her thoughts but nothing came to mind. "You took it the wrong way. Chresanto and I are friends. We always have been friends and Chresanto has never mentioned to me anything about being interested in men. I don't really recall the conversation so I can't really tell you one-hundred percent exactly what we were talking about, but Chresanto isn't gay from what I know."

Justine sat back with an unbelieving look.

Just when he needed him, Frank called. "Baby, I need you to come home and listen to this song for me."

Jacob looked at Justine, "Babe, I'm sort of busy." He was gonna leave, he just didn't want her getting suspicious and thinking he was trying to leave quickly because he was nervous.

"I really need you to come listen to this. I want you to hear it first before I play it for anyone else." Frank whined. "Alright, I'll be there. Give me a minute."

He took the phone away from his ear and then looked at Justine. "I'm really sorry. Frank needs me and I have to fulfill my boyfriend duties. I'm sure you know how that is."

With that he got up and walked out of the restaurant. He held the phone back up to his ear. "I'll be there in a little while."

"Alright. Who were you with?" Frank asked. "Justine. She knows, well not knows but she thinks, Chresanto is gay. She asked me about it."

"Did you tell her?" Frank asked. "It's not my place to tell her. I don't want to be the reason that this entire fake relationship blows up and she tries to blackmail him or the label drops him or something. I'm not vindictive."

"Alright. Be safe getting here."

"Alright. I'll see you when I get there."

...
Frank kissed Jacob's cheek as he stepped into the studio. Frank was the only one inside and Jacob figured that he had asked everyone to leave.

"You sit down here." Frank patted the black leather couch and Jacob sat down.

"I want you to be completely honest about what you think. Don't be afraid to tell me it's shit."

"I'm sure it'll be great." Jacob smiled. Frank took a deep breath before walking over to the soundboard and doing a few things before a guitar riff started playing.

Sitting next to your coffee table
I'm trying to fix your cable box, again
Said you couldn't get channel 4
And that's the only one you wanted to watch

Last week I was walking your dog, baby
Scrubbing your dishes
Took your clothes to the cleaners
I don't mind, cause

He glanced over at Frank who was biting his fingernails with his eyes on the ground.

When I'm done
When I'm done
I'm gonna get every little bit of your love
When I'm done (I'm gonna get it)
When I'm done (You're gonna get it)
You gonna feel every little bit of my love

"I love it." Jacob clapped as the song faded out. "Chresanto would be insane not to want to sing this with you. But if they don't choose your song, then maybe you can just use it as your own and write some more songs and release an album."

Frank rolled his eyes. "Babe, come on, like everyone has been waiting." Jacob groaned.

"I want to take you out to dinner tonight to celebrate the occasion." He changed the subject as he smiled and sat down on the couch next to Jacob. "That sounds like a good idea." Frank wrapped his arms around Jacob's waist and pulled him closer. "Then when we get back to the bus, you gonna feel every little bit of my love." He nibbled on Jacob's ear as he sang softly. Jacob moaned, "Is that so?"

Frank nodded.

"We'll see." Jacob laughed.

...

Justine watched as Chresanto walked around the kitchen getting everything ready for his highly unhealthy lunch. He sat at the table and set out all of his food. "Would you like to join me?" He asked looking over his shoulder.

"I will. There's something I need to talk to you about." She stood up and sat across from him.

"What's up?" He asked as he shoved a slice of pizza into his mouth. "I, uh, heard you and Jacob talking and I just wanted to know if you two dated or something."

Justine didn't miss Chresanto's eyes widening. That's when her suspicion grew. "No, of course not."

"Then what were you talking about?" She asked.

"He's my best friend. Some of the things we say may seem really affectionate, but we don't really mean the stuff we tell each other. We're just joking." Chresanto shrugged but Justine pushed further. "It seemed really affectionate. Like you two had actually dated and broke up and you wanted him back." She just needed him to crack once.

"Nah, I'm not gay. And even if I was, I wouldn't be into Jacob. I mean he's good looking and all but he's really emotional and sort of clingy. It'd get annoying."

Justine was pretty convinced now, but she still had something telling her to press further. Maybe if she brought up her talk with Jacob he would think Jacob told him everything and then he would crack.

"Oh, well, I talked to Jacob about it too." She shrugged. Chresanto knew what she was doing. "I'm sure he told you the same thing." He shrugged cooly.

Justine sat back, fully convinced. "Oh well that's all. It's just been bothering me to ask."
...

"Emotional and clingy? Annoying?" Jacob asked himself after accidentally hearing Chresanto and Justine's conversation.

"You okay, babe?" Frank asked making Jacob jump. "I'm fine." He lied as he put on a fake smile. "Are you ready to go? There's a driver waiting outside."

"Yeah."

Frank smiled, "Alright." Frank put his hand on the small of Jacob's back and guided him out of he bunks.

"Are you two leaving? You look nice." Justine complimented. "Yeah, we're going on a date." Frank answered. Jacob just tried to keep his eyes away from Chresanto. "Have fun!"

"We will." Frank smirked suggestively and Jacob rolled his eyes.

They left the bus and went to a car. "Where are we going?" Jacob asked as he was getting inside. "It's a surprise."

"Gross. So cliche."

"I don care I'm still not telling you." Frank shrugged and got in after him. Jacob held up a thumbs down and frowned. "Don't worry, it'll be great."

Next chapter may take a while, but I'll like try to update other stories or whatever. I need to find a song for Chresanto. I'm gonna spend some time carefully listening to my playlist but you guys should comment some suggestions.

I've had some deaths in the family over the last two weeks so I'll try to update as much as I can but I'm taking it really hard. So...

Sorry for any mistakes too. I did this whole chapter on my phone.