10 - Daylight

A/N: How do you think Jane will react when they don't manage to save Minho? (In the train)

Sorry this chapter is shorter than others!

~

In the morning, more anxiety was already bawling up in my stomach. The next day we would go save Minho with our plan, and that somehow got me nervous as hell.

"Morning." Crassus moved with his coffee cup to greet me before taking a sip.

I nodded at him and sat down, leaning my head against my hand.

"Where's this kid?" Crassus questioned after a few minutes of silence. "The one that cooks. Where is he?"

"Waking up, I guess." I shrugged, not really knowing what to do with it. "Why?"

"Because you gotta eat." Crassus pointed out. "I can't cook well but I do want you to have a nice breakfast before the 'big day', so that's why."

"Mhm." I hummed. Food was the last thing I was thinking about at that moment.

Crassus opened the small fridge we had. "Let's see." He muttered.

"Crassus, it's fine. I don't need anything right now." I assured quickly, yet Crassus didn't listen. I sighed when Frypan walked into the room too.

"What a nice greeting." He smiled at me and looked at Crassus, who he already met the day before. "That's my fridge."

"Jane's gotta eat." Was the only thing Crassus replied. Fry jumped into action and managed to put a nice sandwich together in a few minutes.

"Enjoy." He put it down in front of me before walking off.

I bit my lip and pushed the plate toward Crassus. "You have it."

He squeezed his eyes closer together suspiciously. "And why won't you eat it, Young Lady?"

"I don't feel like eating."

Crassus scoffed. "Too bad reason.. so sad for you." He gave it to me again, though I didn't eat yet.
"Hey." He said sternly as I looked up. "Eat. I won't act like you're a kid and I'm supposed to feed you with 'here comes the airplane', so go eat."

I sighed and took some bites, realizing I was actually quite hungry, so soon the sandwich was gone.

"See?" Crassus put the plate away. "Want anything else?"

"No." I refused fast, shaking my head heavily. Crassus laughed and finished his coffee.
"So how was it at Lawrence?" I asked carefully. "Why are you here?"

"I got enough of them," Crassus replied. "I wasn't gonna train all those men there, so just left." He took a long pause. "About what happened in the pub.. does it still bother you?"

I shivered only by thinking about it. "Sometimes." My voice cracked. Crassus raised his eyebrows. "Almost all of the time." I then muttered, speaking the truth. 

"Well, it's a good thing Gally gave away some more punches after you left." Crassus' eyes twinkled. "One of them fled away."

"Kane." I realized as I mentally thanked Gally. Crassus frowned and motioned for me to go on explaining. "He was at the Safe Haven. But he's gone."

"What happened?"

"Minho beat him up." I swallowed when I pronounced his name. It hurt so badly. "And then there was this explosion and he lay on the ground lifeless, so I guess he burnt to death."

Crassus smiled wider. "I like this Minho."

I looked down to hide the expression on my face. "Yeah. But he's the one that's... that's taken."

"Oh." Crassus watched me in pity. "Well, then tomorrow we better do the best we can on saving that boy, am I right?"

"Right," I confirmed just before some other people walked in, like Rye. I didn't know why, but just at that moment I realized he never explained his subject number, but I wasn't in the mood to ask him about it, so decided to do it later.. after we rescued Minho.

𝐒𝐩𝐲 𝐈𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫 ✭ DTC love triangleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें