28 - Epilogue

After a few days, I finally gathered enough confidence to check up on Minho in the Med Hut. I was angry, somehow happy he saved me, so that's why it took me a while to go visit him, plus, I had a very hard time getting over Newt's death. I felt like I couldn't live without him, but sometimes I would just read the letter, cry loudly, and things would be relieving after, though I didn't think I would ever recover in my life, but Minho told me that was okay and no one recovered, so we just had to stay together.

But not just recovering about Newt.. from everything. I had nightmares, a lot of them. About WICKED torturing Minho and me, Cranks attacking me, me trying to kill Newt, about Kane, my father, and strangers touching me, but someone was always there for me. All my friends helped and so did Minho, once he recovered.

His condition wasn't too bad. The glass hit him hard, so he broke some bones, like his ribs, and got sharp pieces of glass in his skin, but he survived.

We talked a lot, not bickering, but actually talking. Deep talks in the evening as we walked over the beach, our fingers intertwined. We talked about Newt, our feelings, what happened while Minho was gone and what happened to him, how he had been feeling, and all that sort of stuff.

Minho was patient, though. And calmer than before, which let me know Newt's death had a lot on effect on him too. He was so patient that he waited a few months for me finally agree on starting a relationship.. because I loved Minho, he loved me, and Newt told me it was the right thing to do in the letter.

And for once, I would listen to him and live a happy life, sadly not with him, but he was there, in my heart. Always was and always would be, along with Minho and the others, though Newt and Minho deserved the biggest place in there.

I was actually happy, just not at night when it was dark and quiet. Minho lay next to me sometimes, but that didn't stop me from crying over everything that happened. It just hurt.

But I survived.. lost a lot of people along the way, but still, I survived, together with my best friends, except for Chuck and Newt then.

One night, I took a torch and knife, ready to carve names into a big piece of stone in the Safe Haven.  All the names of the people we lost were on there, and now I was going to carve Chuck's name. Not Newt's. That hurt too much and his death wasn't that long ago, which made it worse, so I let Minho do it. They were best friends, after all.

I took a deep breath and started carving the kid's name, also noticing Teresa's name on there. I didn't know what happened to her, but would ask Thomas later.

And then it was over. All the suffering and being tortured, getting brainwashed or controlled. We could live our lives happily.. with all the people we lost staying in our hearts forever.

And especially Newt.