chapter six

006if tomorrow never comesseason one, episode six !

006
if tomorrow never comes
season one, episode six !

"Does she realise she's gonna be late?" Marnie furrowed her brow, whispering to the boy beside her as the two of them grabbed their bags. Meredith's alarm had gone off three times now, but she was still huddled up in bed.

"Apparently not." George shrugged, swinging his duffel bag over his shoulder and proceeding to walk down the hall. He stopped when he got to Izzie's room. "We should wait for her."

The blonde, who was sat on the bed tying her shoelaces, was quick to shake her head. "Definitely not. You're not her boyfriend, George. Not yet, anyway."

He scrunched up his face at her words, "Stop, okay? I told you, I'm not interested!"

"Life is short. Do you really wanna die before you ask her out?"

"I do not want to ask Meredith out!" George whined, lowering his voice when he said her name, at risk of her hearing from the next room.

Marnie pressed a hand on his shoulder, "You keep telling yourself that, Georgie."

"Do you really wanna die a liar?" Izzie raised a brow, walking out of her bedroom.

"I'm not dying!"

Marnie shrugged her shoulders, following her friend down the stairs, "If you don't ask her out, you'll die of a broken heart!"

Once they made it to work, the interns reported to their resident, who called for them to round on a patient, but she was yet to disclose just what the mysterious case was. She brought them up the stairs and led them around a corner, raising a disappointing brow at the two missing members of the group.

"Cristina, you're late." Dr. Bailey said bluntly, as the women hurriedly joined the herd of surgical interns.

"So is Meredith." Yang bargained.

When they reached the patient's room, they came to a halt, which only increased their anticipation. "When we walk into this room, you will maintain decorum." Bailey ordered, "You will not laugh, vomit, or drop your jaw. Are we understood?"

"Why would we laugh?" Izzie asked.

Alex leaned in closer to her, whispering "Just you wait."

"Good morning, Miss Connors." Their resident greeted, leashing them into the room. The interns' eyes collectively widened at the sight of the woman's tumor, which was almost twice the size as herself.