chapter thirty six

036sometimes a fantasyseason three, episode three !

036
sometimes a fantasy
season three, episode three !

If there was one thing about Marnie Walker it was that she definitely wasn't a morning person. She adored sleeping, and as a first year surgical intern, it wasn't easy to come by. She took the opportunity to sleep any chance she got, which is why when she first heard her roommate shouting, she simply pulled her duvet over her head and attempted to drift back off.

"Dammit! Stupid boxes!"

The second time, however, was enough to drag her out of bed.

"Good Morning." Marnie grumbled, opening up her bedroom door and poking her head out into the hallway.

The O'Malley man, clad in his pyjamas and bed head, was startled at the sound of her voice as he jolted around, almost knocking over the stack of cardboard boxes behind him.

"Mornin', Marn." He smiled, clearing his throat. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

"Oh, no. I've been awake for hours." She deadpanned, proving, once again, that she was not a morning person. "Sorry. What are you doing?"

"There's boxes. All these boxes. Callie said she was bringing her stuff over and... it's all here."

The blonde merely shrugged her shoulders, "It's okay. I'm sure Meredith won't mind."

The brunette let out a sigh and took a step closer towards his friend, who clearly didn't understand his frustration. "That's not the point," He stressed, "I mind, okay, I mind!"

"I was having a really good dream and you two ruined it with all the noise."

Both George and Marnie turned their heads to the Grey woman who was stood in her doorway, her tired eyes still adjusting to the morning light as she sported her Dartmouth sweater.

"Meredith," The man breathed, slipping away from the blonde and making his way over to her, "Can you do me a favour and kick Callie out?"

Marnie, leaning against her doorframe with her arms folded over her chest, quickly furrowed her brow, "You wanna kick your girlfriend out?"

Meredith responded in a similar manner. "I can't kick her out. You're the one who told her she could move in."

"I told her she could stay a couple of days." He corrected, "A couple of days. It's been over a week, and now there's boxes. She's using my computer. She's here all the time. Would you just kick her out?"