chapter forty seven

047my favourite mistakeseason three, episode nineteen !

047
my favourite mistake
season three, episode nineteen !

"Meredith! I need to use your bathroom." Alex bellowed as he trudged into the kitchen, where Meredith, Izzie and Cristina were preparing breakfast, clad in a tank top and sweatpants. The three women furrowed their brows as he swiped a box of cereal from the table and poured a questionable amount of it into a bowl.

"What's wrong with your bathroom?"

He shoved a spoonful of cereal into his mouth, "O'Malley's puking in it."

"You live in a youth hostel." Cristina lowly remarked, the Grey woman beside her only furrowing further.

"George is still here?"

Izzie, who was currently hunched over the sink, muttered a quiet, 'yes,' "But only because he was too drunk to drive home. You know, just totally impaired. Like, no heavy machinery drunk."

The brunette furrowed his eyes at her babbling, "What's her problem?" He asked with his mouth full.

"Still drunk." The Yang woman scoffed.

Alex raised his brow, looking over at her, "What're you doing here?"

"She's afraid she's ruining her engagement to Burke, so she's hiding from him." Meredith was quick to explain. She then let out a small gasp, "Hey, How's Marnie doing?"

The Karen man's face faltered slightly at the mention of his girlfriend's name. He took a deep breath, shovelling another spoonful into his mouth. "I wouldn't know. I slept on the couch last night."

After Marnie got home and told him what Dr. Rickman had said, he completely froze. He didn't say anything. He felt terrible about it, but he just didn't know what to say.

Things only escalated after that. When he was getting ready for bed, Marnie walked in and grabbed her pillow and a throw. She told him she was going to sleep downstairs, insisting she needed to be on her own. Despite his reluctance to let her be alone, Alex didn't argue with her. If she needed space, that was what he was going to give her. But he drew a line at letting her sleep on the couch, so he offered to do it instead.

His head shot up when he heard her trudging footsteps coming down the stairs, and he immediately turned to the others, "Okay, she's coming. Whatever you do, don't mention it, don't ask her how she is, just act normal. Got it?"

The three of them quickly nodded their heads as the Walker woman ambled into the kitchen, and a heavy silence fell upon the room.