chapter nine

009who's zoomin' who?season one, episode nine !

009
who's zoomin' who?
season one, episode nine !

Marnie Walker wasn't one to get drunk very often. One of the reasons being because she hated hangovers. She hated the way they made her feel, and she hated the headaches that came with them. It was the kind of headache she could feel in her entire body. The kind that started with a strong pulse in her head, and ended in her toes.

A sudden strip of light appeared through the window and landed on her face, causing the blonde to stir. That didn't help her headache at all. A soft groan escaped her lips as she opened up her eyes. Her head felt as though it weighed at ton as she lifted it off the pillow, allowing herself to scan the room around her.

She wasn't at home.

Unfortunately, Marnie's hangover wasn't quite strong enough to make her forget the events of last night. But, god, she wished she did. The memories of the encounter started replaying in her head like some sort of torturous highlight reel, and in that moment, she freaked out.

"Get up!" She shrieked, practically jumping out of bed and tossing her pillow at the still sleeping man on the other side.

As it bounced off of him with a soft thud, Alex groaned into his pillow. "Can you shut up?"

Marnie rolled her eyes, falling to the floor to look for her clothes that were scattered across the room. Slowly, the brunette turned over to lay on his back, leaning up against the headboard as he watched his naked colleague crawl around his bedroom. "What are you doing?" He asked with a groggy voice.

"I'm looking for my clothes," She shouted, retrieving her underwear, "The quicker I find my clothes, the quicker I can get out of here and pretend this never happened!"

Alex stayed silent, laying there as Marnie successfully found the rest of her clothes, hurriedly dressing herself and sneaking a quick look in the mirror as she approached the door to leave. "Wait, Walker," He spoke up, causing her to turn round. "Can you pinch me?"

Marnie furrowed her brow, her tone laced with both stress and confusion. "What?"

"Well, I'm obviously having a nightmare."

Once she got to work, Marnie volunteered to assist Burke on a case, throwing herself into her work in order to forget what she did last night. However, when Marnie got to the OR, she noticed she was not the only intern on Burke's service.

"Patient presented with abdominal pain and blood in his urine. Once his work up came back unrevealing, the urologist suggested a cystoscopy." Dr. Karev presented, earning a nod from the attending beside him.