chapter forty nine

049the other side of this lifeseason three, episode twenty two & twenty three !

049
the other side of this life
season three, episode twenty two & twenty three !

"Mer?" Izzie yawned as she trudged into the dimly lit living room, where Meredith was slumped on the couch watching tv. "It's three in the morning. What are you doing up?"

The dirty blonde looked over, sending her a smirk as she flicked through the channels, "What are you doing up?"

"I can't sleep," She murmured, grabbing a cushion and plonking herself down on the couch with a sigh. Before she could repeat her first question, though, the pair were interrupted by a knock at the door. "Who's that?" She furrowed.

"I don't know," Without another word, Meredith handed her the tv remote and jumped up from the couch, making her way over to the door.

When she opened it up, the last person she expected to see was Marnie Walker standing out in the cold - and she did not look good.

"Marn?" She furrowed further, "What are you doing here? What's wrong?"

"I—" The blonde let out a shaky breath, tugging the sleeves of her jacket over her freezing cold hands. "Is Alex here?"

"Uh, yeah, he's aslee—"

"Good, 'cause I need to talk to you," Marnie nodded, taking that as her chance to push past the dirty blonde and let herself into the house. Meredith watched on in confusion, having no other choice but to close the front door and follow her friend into the living room.

"Marnie?" Izzie questioned through knitted brows, sitting up straight as she watched her walk in. "What's she doing here?"

"I can't sleep." She breathed as she paced up and down the room, only increasing her friend's confusion.

"Marnie, what's going on?"

"Something happened. Something really, really, really bad. And you all warned me about him and I was that stupid, I didn't even see it. Oh, god, I'm so stupid—"

"Okay, first; breathe." A wide eyed Meredith enunciated, grabbing the shorter woman by the shoulder and sitting her down on the couch in between her and Izzie. "Now tell us what happened."

"Mark Sloan kissed me."

"Oh my god!" The two women gasped in unison, their eyes widening so much that they almost popped right out of their heads. "Where?" Izzie added.