chapter twenty four

024break on throughseason two, episode fifteen !

024
break on through
season two, episode fifteen !

"Fair hours! Fair wages! Fair hours! Fair wages! Fair hours! Fair wa—"

"I can't do it. I can't cross the picked line." The O'Malley man repeatedly shook his head as him, Izzie and Marnie stood outside the hospital, where the rather aggressive nurses strike was currently taking place.

"I don't like it either, George," Izzie sighed, clutching her handbag. "But what choice do we have?"

"We could just... go home?" Marnie shrugged, pursing her lips together.

"We can't do that! We took an oath to heal. We're healers!"

"We're gonna need healing if we go through there," The blonde retorted, "They're throwing stuff now."

"My dad's a truck driver, my mom's a teacher. The evening news shows me crossing the picket line, they'll outlive me just to pee on my grave." The brunette frowned.

Suddenly, Cristina appeared behind them, throwing her arms around their shoulders and scaring them half to death. "Has there been any blood yet?" She grinned. "I hear they brought in scab nurses."

The four of them stood still as the protest grew louder, as more and more doctors began to arrive. "I think the nurses know that we're on their side." Izzie said, in an attempt to reassure herself more than anyone else.

"You think?" Marnie scoffed, turning around.

"We're doctors." Cristina enunciated from behind them. "We have sick patients inside. We have surgeries. Oh, whatever."

After straightening up her leather jacket, the Yang woman confidently took a step walking, beginning to walk down the path, much to her friend's shock.

But the second she crossed the picket line, she was immediately pelted with food. "Just doing my job!" She shouted, increasing her pace and eventually reaching the front entrance alive.

"They threw food at her, that is just wrong!" Izzie scoffed in disbelief, "Fine. I'm goin' in."

With a confident spring in her step, the woman clutched her handbag and began to cross the picket line, immediately getting hit the face with a heap of vegetables.

"Change you own bedpans, Stevens!" Nurse Olivia shouted, sporting a 'fair hours' signpost.

The blonde raised a brow, retorting back with, "Yeah. Enjoy your syphilis, Olivia!" Which, sure enough, shut her up. "Are you two coming?"