chapter sixteen

016something to talk aboutseason two, episode seven !

016
something to talk about
season two, episode seven !

"Well, we have to do something. Meredith's become, like, an exhibit, like a zoo animal, like that rare panda that everyone stares at." George took a chunk out of a banana as he spoke, surrounded by Marnie, Cristina and Izzie as they stood outside of the nurses station. Ever since Derek picked Addison over her, Meredith had been very low, and she was starting to drag the others down with her.

"Please don't say that to her face." Izzie cringed, "I think that panda died alone."

"I've never been to a zoo." The Walker woman frowned, taking a sip of her coffee.

George took another bite, slowly turning to face Cristina. "This could just as easily be you. If people knew about you and Bur—"

"You take that back."

"No, I'm just sayin'," He shrugged, defending himself before she tried to punch him. "We should do something to cheer her up."

Cristina and the taller woman shared a mysterious smirk, "It's all under control."

"Don't worry about it." Izzie added.

George immediately turned his attention to Marnie, who shrugged her shoulders, looking equally as confused as he did. "What are you guys doing?" He narrowed his eyes, looking back at the pair.

"Nothing." They spoke in unison.

Just as Marnie and George subconsciously agreed to find out what their friends were planning, Dr. Bailey, accompanied by Meredith, appeared behind them, making them all jump. "Where's Karev?"

"No idea." They all answered, not even noticing his absence.

Their resident shrugged it off, grabbing a patient file from the desk and making her way down the hall, "Let's go, O'Malley." She ordered, and he did as he was told, following after her.

An overly excited Cristina grabbed hold of Meredith's shoulder, pulling her out of her little trance. "Hey. So, Mer, after rounds, we have something to show you."

"You too, Marn." Izzie grinned. "It'll blow your minds!"

After the interns completed morning rounds, and trying not to get assigned to anyone's service, the four women practically ran to the stairwell, eager to find out exactly what Cristina and Izzie had planned for them.