II

"This is Changbin, Jeongin, Seungmin..." Felix introduces me to the others one by one. "Hey, I know you," the young man next to Seungmin grins at me. And I recognize him too. "You know each other?", the others are visibly irritated.
"We met earlier in the foyer. She didn't know the way." He's still grinning. An incredibly beautiful grin. "By the way, I'm Hyunjin." I nod to him and wait for Felix to introduce me to the rest. "Ok. Then there's Minho, Jisung and Bang Chan." The latter is probably my other client. He's also incredibly handsome, even without make-up, just like every one of these band members. Felix points at me. "This is Sarah, one of the new stylists." "You look a lot younger than our other stylists,"
Chan looks past me to a table where several employees are eating. In fact, he's right, you look older than me. "How old are you?"
"24," I reply, somewhat hesitantly. "Chan, someone is competing with you!" Seungmin starts laughing. I turn to Chan with raised eyebrows. "Aren't you all younger than me?" They definitely all look younger. "We do. Only Bang Chan is ancient." It is again Seungmin speaking and the others can hardly stop laughing. The question marks must be written all over my face.

"Ignore him. He likes to make fun of me," Chan glares at Seungmin, which is obviously not meant too seriously. "He understands ancient under 25." We all talk for a short moment and talk about trivialities. In fact, we get along really well. But maybe that's because I'm not an employee in my mid-40s. "I hate to interrupt-" I jump, startled, and a short, horrified sound escapes my mouth. "Miss Hayes, I hope I didn't startle you," and if she did! "Rehearsals begin." The coordinator from earlier stands next to me and looks at everyone expectantly. "In the meantime, you should sit down with the other colleagues and then set up your work area." When I don't answer, she points to my clipboard. "It's all on there." She takes the band to a nondescript-looking door and I make my way to the table with the other stylists.

It's only been 1.5 hours during which I've had lively conversations and set up my make-up station according to my ideas, and it still feels like I've been on my feet much longer. The new environment and all the people are literally sapping my energy and I notice that I'm getting more and more tired. And hungry. I hadn't eaten anything except a small bowl of muesli. "Do you want to come with us? We're going to eat something." I look up and see Hyunjin standing behind me in the mirror. "Have you finished rehearsals yet?" I look at my watch, confused. "No, but we have to take a break too." He smiles at me across the mirror. He should definitely stop doing that! "Erm... sure. I think I could do with something to eat." Exactly at that moment, my stomach makes a loud growl. "Great. Then we'll meet in 10 minutes at the Backstage area entrance. If you still remember where that is", he winks and then goes back to the others. Help, how am I supposed to survive this job?

┏╸╸╸╸✧༺ 🩷 ༻✧╺╺╺╺┓
🩷⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚*٭ ⱽVote ٭*˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆🩷
**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ'ˡˡ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**
ˢᵉᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠᵃᵐⁱˡʸ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ
┗╸╸╸╸✧༺ 🩷 ༻✧╺╺╺╺┛