VI.II

"I think we should start doing your make-up," I look at my watch. "Oh god. Rehearsals start in 15 minutes!" Looking up, I see that Chan is already on his way to the make-up station. He sits down and waits for me to follow. His make-up for the first appearance is much more inconspicuous than Felix. Chan seems to have noticed that too. "No elaborate eye shadow?" He looks up at me while I'm about to stick a fake piercing on him to finish the make-up. "Not for you." Is he disappointed? In fact, I thought something about choosing a simpler make-up for him. "I see. So you want Felix to get all the attention" he smiles at me. Slightly offended that he doesn't seem to trust me that he'll end up looking just as good as Felix, I put the brushes aside. I lean against the table with my arms crossed and look at him intently. "What?" He's still laughing. Those dimples! think of something else Think of... But his smile is burned into my mind. "You can also have a flashy eyeshadow if you want. I won't stop you," I put a brush in his hand. "Come on. I'm sure everyone will notice you afterwards." "Ouch," he tilts his head. "Have I hit a sore spot there?" "But no! I turn away from that smile on his face as I can't take it anymore. My gaze falls on the other band members, who are all listening spellbound to our conversation. From a safe distance. I pull out my phone and point it at her with the camera open. Everyone quickly gets busy with something else so it doesn't look like they're eavesdropping on us. Seungmin, Jeongin and Changbin grab your phone. Hyunjin looks at his hand like he's never seen it before. Han is pretending to drink coffee and Felix has just turned away and is now staring at the wall. Only Minho holds my gaze and grins quite evil to himself. I have to laugh at this mess and then turn back to Chan, who is still holding the brush. "You know-" I begin hesitantly. Knowing we're being overheard. I pick up the brush again. "In my opinion, you don't need make-up. Neither do the other seven peepers back there!" With the brush I point to said. "But if you really want to, I'll change the make-up concept again."  "No. Leave it. It looks good." I look at him through narrowed eyes because I don't believe a word he says. Chan stands up and stands in front of me. He's not much taller than me, but I still have to look up slightly to see him. "You think I look better with less make-up", now he takes the brush from my hand and puts it on the table next to me. He leans down slightly and comes closer to me. He looks at me again. "And I think you look better when you don't look so fierce." Before he makes his way to the others, he winks at me. My heart is beating wildly as I look after him and see everyone disappear through the stage door. The rest of the day rushes past me. The band rehearse, change clothes, have their make-up done and go back on stage to rehearse. Since the rest of the stage make-up doesn't change after the first performance, I have quite a long breather. I didn't expect the final rehearsals to take so long. When the end is finally announced, it is already dark outside. "Then we'll see each other tomorrow for the big concert." Han waves at me and the others do the same. Unlike me, they've already finished work. There is still a make-up station waiting for me, which needs to be cleaned up and prepared for tomorrow. Before I get to work, I pull out my phone and open the group chat with the guys.

SKZ - Forever

Me:

Next time, please be smarter about eavesdropping

Next time, please be smarter about eavesdropping ._.

Hannie:
I dont know what you are talking about. We were all busy with something else.

Me:
Sure, I hope Felix found what he was looking for on the wall.

Chan:
😂😭