20

I am leaving the JYP office building. Incredulous about what just happened, I stand in the parking lot and don't know where to go. I have just been dismissed. I don't have a job anymore.

During the conversation, it turned out that the rumors about Chan and me had still not subsided and were making the rounds more and more on social media. Of course, the manager didn't like that at all. I am still a thorn in his side and he has drawn the consequences from it. Although Chan said he had talked to him, the manager still seemed to have resentment against my pure presence.

Now I'm standing here, don't know what to do and would love to cry. Sunday will be my official last day as a stylist at JYP. 6 days left before I'm unemployed. How am I supposed to teach the boys that? And especially Chan?

Before I make a decision on how to proceed, I drive home and hide in my bed. My phone vibrates several times, but I don't respond to a message. The guys probably ask me how the conversation went and what the manager wanted. How am I supposed to explain to them that I will soon no longer work with them? I just can't get it over my heart.

After falling asleep for a few hours, I am now sitting on my sofa and thinking about a plan for the future. I could look for a new job here. Stylists are certainly being sought somewhere in Seoul. The only question is whether I have a chance somewhere after I flew out of JYP. How far do the company's contacts extend? Would I even receive promises somewhere?

With an uneasy feeling in my stomach, I realize that I have only one option for the time being. Back to Miami, work there again and maybe come back sometime. But what if it takes longer and I'm forgotten here? I quickly shake off this thought. They would never forget me. Or is it?

However, the most difficult thing was still ahead of me. I had to tell the others. But not today. Maybe not tomorrow either.

Two days go by when I pretend that everything is okay. It takes two days for me to find the courage to tell them. I reach for my cell phone and ask if I could come over to them. I immediately get an answer and I'm on my way.

"Everything okay with you? You hardly responded to news?" Hyunjin opens the door for me with a worried face.

"Ehm yes. Are the others there too?"

"Sare. They are in the living room."

"Great. I have something to discuss with you."

"Sarah, is everything really okay?" He clearly notices that something is wrong.

Together we go to the living room and I am already expected. Chan immediately jumps up from the sofa and comes up to me when he sees me.

"What's going on?"

"Can we sit down?" I can't look at him. I can't stand his worried look.

"So...the thing is the...", I just can't find the right words and the fact that everyone is looking at me doesn't help much either. "I was fired."

My hands tremble like crazy and I look into eight horrified faces.

"What?" say Chan and Felix at the same time.

"From Sunday I will no longer be your stylist."

"I will clarify this immediately!" Chan just wants to get up when I'm holding him back.

"That doesn't make sense. The manager was very sure of his decision. Believe me."

"And what does that mean now? So for the future?" Han's hopeful look brings tears to my eyes.

"But that's good then. Then we can finally do things again." I know that Jeongin wants to cheer me up with it, but it causes the opposite.

Tears run down my cheek, because they don't yet know how I decided.