19

The way back from the airport to my apartment never felt as great as it was right now. The boys have not yet responded to my message that I am back, but maybe they are just busy right now. It's nice to be back in Seoul. It's funny how much a place can feel like a home after such a short time.

I turn the key in the lock and open the door.

"Welcome back!" All eight stand in my apartment and greet me loudly.

"What the..." I don't really know what to say. I didn't expect that.

The first one to hug me is Chan.

"I'm glad you're back."

I'm too happy to return the hug.

How much I missed him.

"It's also nice to be back home. But I said no parties in my apartment!" Jokingly, I hit him against the chest.

"It's not a party yet." He grins at me and it feels like it's just the two of us here. Until arms lay around us and the others hug us together. "Hey, you're not alone here!" Protests Changbin, who is pushing us together again. There are burgers and soft drinks. Jeongin is already really excited and runs into the kitchen. "How many of them has he already drunk?"

"Probably too much. We've been here for a while." Changbin follows Jeongin into the kitchen and takes the new cup with the soft drink out of his hand. "I'm sure you're hungry. Let's eat something." Chan reaches for my hand and pulls me to the others. We eat and joke together. I quickly realise that Seoul is not my home. It is these eight people who feel like a second home. "How was the week like that?" Han has the Mouth still full of food, but that doesn't stop him from questioning me about Miami.

"Very nice. I missed the beach and the sun very much. And my family, of course. But don't worry, I'm happy to be back here."

"We hope so." Han smiles at me and bites off his burger again.

"By the way, the photos were awesome. Maybe we should all go on holiday there."Jeongin is just about to reach for the cola, but Changbin takes it away from him again. "No more soft drinks for you!" He looks at him through pinched eyes. "But he is right. A great city."

"Miami has beautiful, but also ugly sides. Just like every city. It's not that special there either." After we're all done eating, the boys go to my sofa. "Hey Sarah! Is it okay if we play a round?" Han holds the controller in the air. "Sure. Go ahead."

Everyone is enthusiastic about the screen. Only Chan stands next to me and looks at his bandmates. "We all really missed you very much. Especially me." Is it turning red? "I missed you too, Chan." I notch him into the side and smile at him broadly. "Well uhm. I have another surprise for you. The boys are busy for the time being." "Oh, I'm excited about that. What is it?" "I won't tell you that. Come with me." He leaves me no choice but to go with him, because he takes my hand and pulls me out of the apartment. He leads me to the roof of the house and closes my eyes. After a few steps, he takes his hands off my eyes. "Surprise."

It is now dark outside. In front of us, fairy lights light up and blankets and pillows are distributed on the floor. Among other things, I also see small snacks and drinks.

"Did you do that?"

"Haha. You may not believe it, but yes." Nervously, he drives his hand through his hair. I thought after a week, a little togetherness would not be such a bad idea.

"Christopher Bahng, is that a date?" Played shocked, I look at him, whereupon he starts to grin. These dimples! "If you want to call it that, then I'd love to." He's actually blushing again!

We sit down on the blankets and start talking about my time in Miami and what the boys have done in the meantime.

While we eat the snacks and keep talking, I put my head on his lap and he strokes my hair. This guy really twisted my head and I gave up fighting against it. Feelings cannot be switched off so easily. Especially not if you have them for such a great person. And I have the feeling that he feels no different and that he also lied to me in the car about his feelings at the time. "What?" I see him watching me with a grin.

"Nothing. I just can't believe that after everything that has been, I can actually be here with you." Just because a few stones were put in our way does not mean that this is so unlikely here.

"No, you're right. By the way, I talked to my manager a few days ago."

I sit up immediately because I'm curious to see what came out of the conversation.

I have made it clear to him once again that he does not have to decide about my private life and I, or we, want to see you further outside of work. "What did he say about it?"

As long as things don't end up in public again, it's okay for him. It took some persuasion, but I think he now agrees with our... Friendship." Are we really just friends?

"That's wonderful!" I'm so happy that my heart starts racing like crazy.

Or it's up to Chan, who combs a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You are wonderful." At his words, this time I turn all red.

We look at each other in silence for a while as his gaze wanders to my lips. He carefully feeds on my face.

My heart beats faster and faster and I close my eyes.

Until my phone suddenly rings and interrupts us.

I open my eyes and Chan sighs annoyed.

"Something always comes in between!" He is clearly angry about the disturbance. And not only him.

An unknown number lights up on my display and Chan tells me to take the call.

"Sarah Hayes?... Yes... OK? When?... Good, see you tomorrow. Goodbye." I hang up and stare at my black cell phone screen. "Who was it?"

"The office of JYP."

Chan looks at me irritated. You want me to get in touch with the office tomorrow.

"What is the reason for?"

"He didn't tell me that."
Chan puts an arm around my shoulder and pulls me to him.
"It won't be anything bad. Let's still enjoy the evening."
Nodding, I cuddle up to him.
However, I don't think it means anything good when I should appear in the office of the manager. However, I keep that to myself.