VIII

TW: Alcohol use

The guys are already waiting for me in front of the bar. "Can we? I'm super thirsty!" Seungmin is about to open the door. "You mean after alcohol?" Jeongin goes after him. "No. After Coke!" Both of them continue to talk excitedly about the choice of drinks, while we also follow them. "We're going to have a drink, aren't we?" I walk next to Chan and watch Seungmin and Jeongin. "Haha of course. It wouldn't be a celebration if there were no alcohol." I take a deep breath, a little relieved.
I've never been a big drinker and alcohol goes to my head fast.

I usually keep my hands off it. But on days like this, I drink something too. In fact, I'm hoping to get a little drunk on it. At least it takes away some of the tension and since seeing Chan on stage and in his outfits I'm not so relaxed around him anymore. I just want this to be a fun, casual night out with friends. We are led into a room that we have all to ourselves. I've never seen a bar like this before. Apparently it's normal here for guests to meet in separate rooms and thus have some form of privacy. Like your own little living room. We sit down on the seat cushions and the waitress hands us the cards. Her gaze falls on Changbin and she smiles at him.

"Well, someone thought you were particularly great," Han nudges him from the side and grins maliciously. "You are just jealous!" "I'm not at all!" The two continue arguing for a while while the rest of us look at the map.
The first round consists mainly of cocktails. Only Minho and I start with a short one. We toast each other and empty the small glass. I guess none of the others expected Minho to do something like that. I couldn't help but laugh at their facial expressions. The next rounds are ordered and I can already clearly feel the alcohol.

And the others seem to be drunk too. Nobody here tolerates alcohol.In that state, I can't stop looking at Chan over and over again. Our eyes meet far too often and apparently he feels the same way. I start laughing awkwardly every time. "Sarah, let's join the fun." Minho looks at me expectantly. He noticed! "No no. It's okay." I raise my hands defensively. "Ok, ok, ok. Listen," Han raises his arms, trying to get our attention. "Truth or Dare. How about it?"
"Uhhh, I'm in." Felix seems really enthusiastic about the idea. Although I'm not sure if he even got what Han wanted. His cheeks, like all of us, are red from the alcohol. Maybe we should stop drinking.

"Who wants to start?" We play a few rounds. Han has to share a drink with Jeongin, Felix has to reveal if he's ever stolen anything, and Seungmin has to voice message one of the members' parents. All questions and assignments are pretty decent. I don't know the game like that though.
At the latest after the first boring questions and tasks, the game in Miami always got hot. Above all, there were tasks that were uncomfortable for everyone or questions that revealed secrets. Especially when alcohol was involved, someone always ended up making out. I doubt that there will be any kind of rapprochement here.

"It's my turn next!" Minho looks around the group. His gaze lingers on me. "Sarah, truth or dare?" "Hmm...dare." From all sides I hear an "Uhhh" because nobody expected it. "Ok, I have a task. But before you do that, everyone put their phones on silent!" He himself takes his cell phone and turns it on silent. The others imitate him, irritated. "Ready? So, your job is," he pauses theatrically.

"Text the person in the room you find most attractive!" I widen my eyes. I'm pretty drunk, but just the thought of having to do it right now makes me nervous.
"BUT," he raises a warning finger. "The respective person is not allowed to identify themselves. So it remains your little secret", he looks at me with a grin. My hands are shaking as I pick up my phone, open the chat and text the person. "Ok, done," I can feel my cheeks getting hot. The others gradually look at their mobile phones. Nobody shows any reaction. In fact, it's more uncomfortable than I thought. "Well, it's not Han," says Changbin with a laugh.

"Why?" Seungmin looks at Han.

"Look how disappointed he looks!" "Hey, that's not fair!" Han throws one of the pillows in Changbin's face. "It's true," he takes the pillow and throws it back at Han. We all start laughing and can't stop. It's probably because of the alcohol. I immediately forgot I sent that message. Only Minho's knowing grin reminds me of that again.

"I think we should go slowly." Jeongin yawns to himself. After a few more rounds of truth or dare, in which Changbin had to show us a photo of his back and Seungmin had confessed that to this day he doesn't know if Minho has one or two cats (Minho was beyond horrified. "Three! It's three," he yelled across the room), we are all quite tired and also still well drunk. Neither of us had stopped drinking. "That's a good idea,"

I say, also yawning, and try to get up. Which doesn't work and so I immediately fall back on my buttocks. I start giggling and only later realize that someone helped me up. We leave the bar together. I can hardly walk. Everything is turning and my eyes are almost closing from tiredness. Changbin also notices this, stopping in front of me and crouching down. "Jump up. I'll carry you home." I gladly accept the offer not to have to walk alone and jump on his back. He grabs my legs and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Thanks Binnie", before I can fall asleep I give him a kiss on the cheek to thank him. How uninhibited alcohol can make you. I see him grinning to himself. I put my head on his shoulder and look to the left. Next to us is Chan, who seems anything but happy. But before I can think about it, I fall asleep.