CHAPTER 4

The table quieted down when Mikey said something. All of them agreed with him and you look back at your father quite worriedly. He gave you an assuring smile and you nodded your head preparing yourself.

Mikey stood up from his seat and he walk across the table and halted near you. You too stood up and took a step out your chair when Mikey lended you his arm for you to hold onto. You stare at his hand for few seconds and wrap your arm around it. You were surprised to feel his muscle, even though he looks thin he has an adequate amount of muscle.

You two walk towards the elevator and you were glad that Mikey was not walking too fast and was matching with your short heel steps. Walking inside, Mikey pressed the 13th floor, two floors down from everyone. You were silent the whole time and Mikey also didn't said anything. You got startle a little when the elevator made a 'ding' sound indicating you reached the floor.

You two walked out and a guard was already standing there with a gun in his hand. You tightened you hold on Mikey's arm and walk further in with him.

"Don't worry. The guards are for our safety." Mikey whispered sensing your distressed. You nodded your head at him and release the breathe you were holding in.

You were mesmerized from the view you could see from the glass wall. The floor seems like a private room as couches were present and a TV was also there. You look around yourself and found the majestic room peaceful. You placed your palm on the glass wall as you gaze at the busy city below. The lights were shining beautifully and you were having a hard time to avert you eyes from it.

Mikey stood beside you, his hands in his pants pocket and he was not wearing his coat anymore. Your eyes trailed down from his chest till his toe. He is attractive, hot and scary at the same time.

"What did you want to talk about? Um..." Seeing your struggle Mikey gave a small smile and turn his back at you walking towards the couch.

"Call me Manjirou. Mikey is like a professional name for me." He said sitting down on the couch, also motioning you to sit as he patted the space beside him.

You walk to him and sat down beside him, a big space between you two. Mikey pour the wine on two glasses which you noticed just now. He gave you a glass and you took it saying a small 'thank you'.

"Y/n tell me about yourself." You tilted your head not understanding what he was trying to convey.

"Knowing my future life partner will help me." Mikey exclaimed as he took a sip from his glass.

"What would you like to know about me?" You asked as you trail your finger on the tip of the wine glass.

"Don't be so polite. You can just talk casually with me. " Mikey look straight at your eyes a smile on his face.

"Now talk, Y/n!"

You shivered hearing your name roll out of his lips so smoothly and dangerously. You nodded your head.

"I..I just graduated college a year ago and I'm on the search of job. Uh....I like reading books in my free time. Baking is also a hobby of mine. I don't really like crowded places but I love exploring." You said softly as Mikey listened to you intendedly. He knows all about you thanks to Sanzu. He just wants you to say what's on your mind and what he wants to hear.

"Um...why don't you say something about yourself Manjirou?" Mikey was taken back a little but compose himself back quickly.

"You'll know about me gradually. Knowing each other slowly is also a process done your whole life. I'm not against marrying you. I await for your answer." Mikey said as he finish the wine in his glass, placing it down on the table afterwards, you stare at him with a disbelief look. He moved towards you slowly as you back away a little confuse from the sudden move that came out of nowhere.

He was literally on top of you caging you between his arms as he stare at you intensely. He brush the hair out of your face as he caress your face. You were confuse at what he was thinking.

"Why do you want to marry me?" You said firmly grabbing the hem of your dress to stop your hands from shaking.

Mikey sighed as if he was caught stealing something. His dull eyes came back and his aura changed instantly.

"That's none of your business." He said his voice cold and you could only nod your head not finding your voice to say something.

You were not sure what to say anymore so you just kept quiet. After a few minutes of silence you sip from your glass. You weren't sure about your answer yet. The man sitting near you is very intimidating which you can't handle. You like cute, friendly and cool men and he's none of it. You sigh preparing your soul for what's to come in the future as you gave your answer.

"I want time to think about it."

"You can take all the time you want but you only have one choice. To agree." Your heart started thumping loudly and you felt like it will come out of your chest.

Seeing that the conversation was not leading anywhere you two went back to the others. After talking for an hour or more and having dinner you all went your separate ways and the words Mikey said before he left rang in your ears.

"I would appreciate it if you give your answer as quick as possible, to avoid problems since I'm an impatient man."

You don't know what's the deal with him. He annoys you and you don't know how many times you wanted to interrupt him and tell him off. But something about him didn't sit right with you, there was a part of you that told you to listen to him and obey his every words. How ridiculous. You just want to live your life peacefully and not with someone so arrogant whose ego is skyrocketing and someone who is so cold. You want to marry someone you love but

nothing goes the way someone wants. It's already decided in your fate.

"My life is like playing games and I don't have the controller, it's lost."