CHAPTER 16

Mikey sat at his chair, a file in his hand, eyes shifting from the file at hand to the laptop screen on his side.

"You didn't do anything to her, right Mikey?!" Draken asked from the couch he's sitting at.

"I don't know what you mean." Mikey replied, a clear sign that he doesn't want to talk about this as his eyes never left his work.

"You know what I mean. She can cancel the marriage if you did anything to harm or scare her." Draken exclaimed with a frown standing up from the couch. Mikey sigh out to not lose his temper he has been controlling since the day before as he slowly closed the file and look at his friend.

"She won't cancel the marriage and stop treating me like a wild animal that can go berserk any second." Mikey huff out shaking his head.

"You are a wild animal, Mikey. You know yourself the best, you know exactly what you do when you go in that state. I'm looking out for you, Mikey." Draken look at him expecting him to say anything but he stood there like a statue looking down. Draken sigh out, taking a step towards his friend but he pause when Mikey looks up with a glare.

"I didn't do anything to her, if you're satisfied with the answer get out of here. I don't want to talk to or see you right now."

"Look Mikey, I didn't mean it-"

"Don't make me do something I'll regret later, Ken-chin. I want to calm down before the meeting." Mikey mumble out sitting back down, his glare still present as his hands itch to kill someone. Draken sigh out, he wanted to say so many things that came out wrong but he did as Mikey said. He don't want Mikey to regret something because of him.

Mikey waited for few minutes, Draken's step still echoing in his ear. After he made sure Draken was out he punch the desk making a dent in it, his puch was an inch away from destroying laptop and erasing all the files, he throws the papers on the ground and takes off his suit vest causing the shirt to rough out. His breathing became ragged and heart rate increases as his eyes darkened.

"Just calm the fuck down, Ken-chin didn't mean it that way. He was looking out for me, he was just worried for me. He was not going against me, he didn't mean to disrespect me...." Mikey mumbles to himself calming down his inner soul. He breath out through his nose and opens his drawer with shaky hands. His hand took hold of the injection and liquid bottle and injects it in his arm. His breathing and heart rate starts calming down and after few seconds it went back to normal. He press the call button on his desk,

"Send Sanzu to my office."

It only took ten seconds for three knocks to sound on the office door after the call.

"Come in"

Sanzu comes in and immediately gets what's going on with all the papers on the floor and Mikey's shirt dishevel a little. He was standing with his front faced towards the city and a ciggerate between his fingers.

"Did you find anything?" He ask Sanzu, still looking the other side.

"Nothing. Yesterday was the first time they met and Kai is also not acting suspicious." Sanzu explained while Mikey just stayed silent.

After Y/n met Yoshikawa Kou, otherwise known as Kai, the day before, he was suspicious Kai had something to do with their encounter. The Yoshikawa's are the one he doesn't like to get involve with, not because he's wary or anything but because he hates their guts. The Yoshikawa Corporation is just a facade, underneath they are just criminals like him.

So when Y/n met Kai, he thought the male got words of his fiance and is approaching with ulterior motives. But even after Sanzu's report he feels like something is missing.