CHAPTER 15

A knock resounded as you look towards the door. You open it and was met with a worker.

"Sir is waiting for you downstairs, Ma'am." He walk away after saying that.

You stood there at the doorway idly for few seconds then walk down after registering what he said. As you neared the dining table you notice Shinichiro and Izana missing and Mikey sitting alone on a chair, his breakfast infront of him. He is wearing a black suit. You ignore the fact of how he change his clothes and look him up and down.

"Stop standing there and come here." Mikey said out, his eyes still on his plate. You slowly walk towards the table and sat down beside him. The lady maid places down a plate of sandwich in front of you. Thanking her you took a bite from it.

"I have an important work today..." He started then continued again after few seconds "I'll be busy till tomorrow so I won't be there to check the wedding dress. Will you be okay with just yourself?"

Ofcourse I'll be fine. It's not like I haven't went on a store alone my whole life and I'm not a kid.

"Yeah, it's okay. I'll be fine." You said drinking mango juice from the glass. Silence feel upon you two making you awkward.

"Um...is work really busy nowadays?" You ask as a matter to start a conversation. He stayed silent while silently taking a bite from his sandwich. For a second you thought he was ignoring you but then he replied.

"Yeah but if you're worried I can finish work by evening, y'know." He stated with a smirk on his lips, he turns his body so he was facing you.

"I didn't say that! I just wanted to start a conversation! Who even will be worried for you?!" You huff out, face red from embarrassment. Mikey's smirk widen seeing you flustered as he leans his body towards you and you lean away from him.

"That's a shame" He sigh out as you raised an eyebrow and turn to face him.

"What's a shame?" You ask not really curious to know but wanting to keep hearing his voice that's lively today.

"That....I won't tell you." You blink your eyes at his childish reply but you were more occupied with the small smile present on his lips.

"I don't want to know either." You turn your face away from him with your ears and cheeks red. Staring at him for more than three seconds and your eyes trail down to his lips then you get the sudden urge to kiss his lips.

It's natural to get this reaction when you're alone with your would-be. I'm.... sure.....or am I becoming a pervert?

Your eyes widen with that thought as you glance at Mikey to only catch him staring at you shamelessly. Your breath hitch but stayed silent as you finish your breakfast while being stare at.

After breakfast he drove you home, Jin was waiting for you in his office attire and went to work after you reassured him. You took a long shower sorting out your thoughts.

You have no idea why Mikey was acting like that. He was different from usual, more dangerous. But he also looked so vulnerable and weak and soft? You don't know anymore. But you also won't forget how you felt when he put his head on your shoulders. It felt like he was trusting you in his weak moment and it made you feel butterflies.

When you opened your eyes today morning, seeing him made you feel safe and relief. You were unknown to all these emotions and it was so new you can't differ whether your stomach's hurting because of stomachache or because your butterflies were going wild.

You're not gonna lie when you think you're curious about what happened to Mikey. Is he ill or maybe mentally unstable? You don't want to consider the later. However you felt sad he was not telling you anything about it.

Does he plans to keep it that way?

You shook your head and put on your clothes. Getting out your bathroom you sat down on your bed.

"I don't even have work today. What do I do?" You sigh out lying down when your phone rang loudly. Picking up the call you lie down again.

"Hello?"

"Hey Y/n, it's me."

Emma....?

"Why did you called? I mean, is there anything you need?"

"I...."

She paused to sigh out. You can tell she was distress for whatever reason she called you.

"I wanted...to know is...if you're....fine. What I mean is, did Mikey did anything to you?"

You didn't respond, you couldn't with all the thoughts swirling around your head. The way Emma asked that was really cautious for your liking. Her voice is panic and anxious.

"Y/n, you still there?"

"Y-Yeah....yeah I am. I'm fine, there's nothing wrong. But..."

"But what?"

You bite your bottom lips in anxiety.

"I...wanted to ask something, Emma. Can you hear me out?"

She was silent after that, you can still hear her slow breathing though. It was like that for a few more minutes and you even check your phone to see if she has cut the call but it wasn't.

"I know what you want to ask. *sigh* But Y/n, I would suggest that you ask about this to Mikey himself. He doesn't like it when we talk about him without his consent. He's perfect Y/n, so don't worry about that. He takes care of himself really well...I hope you understand."

I don't. I'm more curious after hearing you, Emma.

"Yeah, I understand. I don't doubt him, Emma. It should be obvious. I'm happy you called to check on me. I'm perfectly fine so stop worrying."

"Yeah, I'm sorry for suddenly calling. Also a driver will deliver your car later today."

"Car?" You were confuse for a few seconds then your eyes widen after realising.

"Yeah my car, thanks for that, Emma."

"No problem at all, Y/n. I'll talk to you later."

"Talk to you later."

*Beep*

"What the heck am I thinking?"

You sigh out, placing the back of the palm on your forehead.

I have never been the overthinking woman....I should just stop being a detective fiance and focus on work more.....but just in case I should ask Manjirou about yesterday....

"What the heck is wrong with me?" You ask yourself planting your face on the pillow.

You spend the whole day overthinking, even though you indulge yourself to work like cleaning the house, baking cookies, washing dishes, doing laundry, the thoughts never left your head. It was affecting you too much, too much affect for your own comfort. If it was any other day you would have ignored it like some phase he goes through but now all you can think about is if something is wrong with him. It was not even that big of an incident....

What a mess...