CHAPTER 19

On the first morning of your new life, the moment you open your eyes you were met with an empty space beside you. As much as you were disappointed you didn't thought much of it.

After the wedding yesterday there was dance, a heartfelt farewell with your father and a cold night with Mikey. Ofcourse you are disappointed he didn't do anything but as much as glad since you were not yet ready.

Mikey and you directly came to the new house you went to see with Emma and Draken. His things were already here and yours too, most of them. So today you are going back home to pack your other things and spend a good time with Jin.

Yawning a little you went to take a bath and freshup. After getting ready you went downstairs and saw Mikey sitting on the couch busy with his phone.

"Good morning, Manjirou." You greeted him while sitting down on his side. He glance at you for a few seconds and went back to staring at his phone.

"Good morning" He greeted back with a bored voice.

Shaking your head to shake off any overcoming thoughts you stood up to go to the kitchen but got stopped by Mikey. You turn around to him while he comes closer to you.

"Listen, I have hired a cook and a worker so you don't have to worry about housework. If you want to go out my men will accompany you and inform the guard before you go out. I'm sure you have not forgotten the rules I told you." He exclaimed literally looking down at you. He gave you a smirk when you nodded your head.

"Then I'm going to work, call me if anything happens." Mikey walk towards the entrance door but pause when you grab his hand. He turn to you and raised his eyebrow.

"What is it?"

"I...since I'll be home most of the days, can you not hire a cook? I can cook for both of us so...." You didn't dare look in his face, afraid he might glare at you.

"Alright. What about the worker?" He asked while your eyes widen, surprise he agreed so easily.

"W-Well the worker will be a great help to clean this big house." You slowly raise your head and look at his empty of any emotion eyes. Taking a deep breath you continued,

"Also, I'll be going home today to get my things......can I?" You stare at him with expectations squeezing his cold hand.

Mikey just stayed silent, staring at you and his hand that you were squeezing with your soft and warm hands. He didn't ignore how you refer 'house' and 'home'. The difference was making him piss for a reason.

"....Three, No stepping out of the house unless it's necessary. Four, ask my permission before you do something stupid...."

"You can." He sigh out, hearing him a smile came up your lips as you wish him farewell and went to the kitchen. Mikey stood pause on the place as he slowly lift the hand to your holding and stare at it.

The heck was that smile for...?

Shaking his head a little he continued his walk to the entrance door not wanting to acknowledge the fast beating of his heart.

While you're in the kitchen making yourself a light breakfast. Humming an unknown music you fried eggs and put two slices of bread in the toaster.
After having a lonely breakfast you went to the bedroom and got changed.

When you went downstairs again you met the worker, introducing yourselves you went out, informing the guard just as Mikey said you get in your car and drove off towards your home

After driving and enjoying the cool wind for thirty minutes you reach there. Parking the car you directly went to the main door and ring the doorbell. You only had to wait for few seconds before the door swing open and you can see Jin's wide smile, wrinkles forming on the side of his eyes. Making your chest warm as well as hurt at the realisation that he's ageing.

"Hi Dad, how are you?" You hug him and he hug back with a light laughter.

"Hey Honey, ofcourse I'm fine, we saw each other yesterday too." He pats your back and invites you in.

Looking around home, you're suddenly getting nostalgic and a weird sensation. Jin leads you directly to your bedroom and you can't help but be overwhelmed by memories seeing the half packed things.

"Why don't you sort out your things? I will help you pack them." Jin said with a warm smile present on his lips making your eyes warm.

"Okay..." You give him your own smile and started sorting out your things.

You walk to your closet and open it to see that many of your clothes are still not packed. Leaving the clothes for later you bend down and take the boxes that's on the ground of the closet. Jin is sorting out your shelf and table at your request. Placing the box on the floor you look inside it to see albums and things from when you were in school.

"Woah....I didn't knew I still had them." You said to yourself in amusement as you open the album to see the you from younger days. Jin walks to you after hearing what you said.

"Well, you always like to keep things away in a box and never look at them again." He said sitting down on the floor next to you. Turning to him you gave him a smile and chuckle out saying,

"It was not like I had friends to keep looking back here nor am I the type to keep thinking about the past."

Jin's smile slowly fell as he lift his hand and pat your head. You just smile softly seeing his shamed eyes that he's trying to avoid.

"It's alright, Dad. Without Mom I knew you were lonely but maybe I was too young to understand, that's why I always took out my anger at you. What has happened has happened, there's nothing we can change about that."

You stood up and went towards the nightstand table where a family photo of three sat. Picking it up your lips trembled a little seeing your mother's warm smile, her long dark brown hair, brown eyes and her figure wearing a blue dress.

"But I'm glad you were able to change, Dad and I'm glad I was by your side at that time."

Jin wipe the lone tear that escape his eyes, looking at you he can't help but be emotional. Standing up he sat down on your bed as his eyes turn nostalgic.

"Daughters truly grow up so fast. It was not long before when you were born and now you're married. Now you'll have your own kids." Jin sigh out while you stood there with red cheeks shaking your head to not let any thoughts enter your brain, but maybe your father was not done reminiscing yet.

"You have truly grown like your mother, Y/n. She was just like you, kind and warm. She always understood others pain and tried to help them. Sometimes I wonder why your mother chose me but I'm always glad that she chose me and not anyone else."

You sigh out with a smile hearing your father getting emotional. Putting the frame back you went to hug your father.

"Stop getting emotional, Dad. But there's one thing that's different between me and Mom." Jin turn his head to you with an eyebrow raised. Chuckling you said,

"Mom had love marriage while I on the other side had an arrange marriage."

"Do you not like him?" Jin asked while making you sit beside him. Your cheeks warm up but still look at your father.

"I love him, Dad."