CHAPTER 8

You sigh in relief when the cake was finally placed inside the small van to be delivered. You wipe the sweat that was forming on your forehead and smile proud from the work.

"Thanks for your hard work everyone. Be careful with the delivery." You said to the driver and to the assistant with him. They nodded their head and drove off as you went back inside.

You look at the wall clock that's in the cafe and you were happy that there was still time left for you to go home and get ready. Mikey said he will pick you up at 4pm and it was 2pm currently. He also told you to wear something decent to which you nodded your head even though he couldn't see when talking to you in a call. Mikey cut the call after that.

You went to gather your things and said your farewell to your co-workers and went home. Arriving home the first thing you did was to take a shower to clean off the sweats that was on your body. Summer season is the worse season for you. You hate sweating which was impossible during summer.

You got out the shower in your towel and search through your closet debating what to wear that will satisfy the egoistic man. You saw a dress you haven't wore that many times and took it out deciding to wear it.

 You saw a dress you haven't wore that many times and took it out deciding to wear it

You love the dress, it makes you look adorable from the peach colour. You let your hair down and took a clip with you to use it when you will feel hot. You match your dress with a skin tone heel you have.

Just as you finished dressing up the doorbell rang. You look at your reflection for the last time and clutch your purse at your hand taking your phone and went down.

You saw Mikey and your father talking about something which they stop when the two saw you walking to them. Mikey was wearing matcha colour suit. He was looking handsome and the suit was complimenting his skin tone. You have met him many times and you were impressed by his dressing sense every time. But you're too nervous to say that out loud.

Mikey look you up and down and just nodded his head. Seemingly pleased.

"We'll be going Dad. Don't wait too late for me, 'ky'?" You said hugging your father as he hug you back.

"Don't worry, enjoy yourselves. Please take care of her." Jin turn to Mikey and he nodded his head.

"I will."

"I can take care of myself Dad." You pouted little at him but he just chuckled and lead you two to the front door. You said bye to your father and went towards Mikey's car.

"You look pretty." You were taken back when Mikey muttered that. Your cheeks turned red as a smile breaks on your lips.

"Th-thanks...you look pretty handsome yourself." You whispered fidgeting with your purse.

I guess, Emma is capable of giving nice advices too....

Mikey shrugged and opens the car door for you as you got in. He took the driver's seat and starts the engine.

The ride was peaceful and you were calmer then the last time. You still felt nervous and self conscious but you wanted to meet Mikey's friends and see for yourself if they were as distant as him. Mikey always has a cold and scary aura around him and he frightens you. You know you should not be scared of your would-be husband but he's scary for some reason.

But what Shinichiro told you was always on your mind and you were starting to talk up little by little with him. You feel that whose family is so kind and warm to you, their brother will be also like them, kind and warm. You want to trust Shinichiro's words and give a chance to Mikey.

'Y/n, Manjirou was not always like this, people change with time. But I know he's is still the same. The kind, childish and lovable side of him is still there somewhere inside him. It's just he don't know how to show them anymore. He has went through alot in past and has become like this. I hope you will break down the wall in his heart, if not as a lover then as a friend.'

You didn't even noticed that you two have reached the restaurant, if not for Mikey hitting the break. The restaurant screamed rich from just the exterior and you were hesitating a little. Again there was not that many people outside. There were many expensive cars parked in the parking area as Mikey park with them.

"There's no need to feel nervous. They are very friendly, also very loud and energetic." Mikey said in a try to assure you. You don't know why but your nervousness faded when he said those plain words.

He took your hand in his as he walk inside. You look at him with red cheeks as he walk you to the elevator and Mikey press the 10th floor button.

Does all the get together and meetings always held at the top floors?

You thought but didn't question it. Mikey has not leave your hand since you two entered the restaurant and you felt warm from his action. The ding sound came and you two step out the elevator. You can hear noises from where you two were and you just wish something bad won't happen.

The man guarding the door open the door for you and Mikey as you two went inside. You look around and chaos was going on. There were many men and a few women in there talking in their own worlds and argument, can you even call it an argument?, was also going on.

Mikey cleared his throat and the place went silent from just his presence. You stare up at Mikey impressed but you felt stares at you so you hid behind him. You look from behind his back and you recognise some of them. Your soon to be in-laws and Sanzu.

"Y/n!" Emma shouted as she literally run towards you. Mikey move aside a little for Emma still not releasing the hold on your hand.

"You look pretty as always." Emma hug you tightly knocking the air out your lungs. You tap her shoulder signalling to release you which she didn't got.

"T-thanks Emma. You look pretty yourself." Your muffled voice was heard as Mikey separated Emma from you letting you breathe.

"Emma you are suffocating her." Mikey narrowed his eyes at his sister as Emma smile sheepishly. Her eyes then shifted to your hands as a wide grin came on her lips.

Mikey turn his gaze at his curious friends and pull you softly behind him towards the others. Emma walk beside her brother skipping in her steps as she went and sat down beside her husband. There were too many stares directed at you and you were feeling sick. The energy drained from your body when you saw their intense stare. You wanted to cry out your frustration but controlled your feelings not wanting to embarrass yourself.

I think I want to throw up....