𝗶𝘃: funny feeling

chapter four / season three episode two

HAVE YOU EVER FELT THE OMINOUS PIT FORM IN YOUR STOMACH? Amelia had, and when she was younger she had felt like that more often than she'd like to admit. She would like to think as she got older that she 'grew out' of it, that the girl didn't feel anxious over the smallest of things anymore or wake up with that pit every morning.

Amelia didn't quite wake up with the sinking feeling in her stomach every morning but had it when specific things happen like; when her parents called her, when her parents randomly visit her, when children are used by the unsub to lure in the victims, when she has to sit through a pile of 50 files and decide which ones act with such aggression that their parent could be an unsub - she would consider the last two there to be the worst of today.

But, since yesterday Amelia had had a feeling. She'd woken up with it and started her morning routine in hopes that order and regime would be enough to rid it, she had been wrong. It was when she phoned Gideon and it went straight to voicemail the pit seemed to sink even further.

Selfishly, Amelia wished he'd pick up the phone so that this feeling would disappear.

A knock on effect of Amelia's, so called, feeling was the shake in her hands - this shakiness wasn't her usual tell, the toe curling or the rhythmic tapping was usually.

Every file she opened had to be hastily placed back down with her hands pressed flat on either side of it. Amelia was looking for a child who got attached to female teachers, or even the bus driver, who may have stolen in recent weeks, who could be quiet and reserved unless he was picked on by a fellow student which would then cause him to turn aggressive and act out.

That's what she was looking for.

It wasn't what Amelia was focusing on.

Placing her hands out flat right in-front of her meant after every word her eyes skimmed over, her eyes would soon stray and stare at the skin of her hands as she begged for it to stop and let her focus on her work.

Derek was about to tell her to take a break but footsteps sounded in the room and you could bet money that the man wasn't going to tell Amelia to stop working if Strauss was about to enter.

But, it hadn't been Strauss and it hadn't been just one pair of footsteps.

It had been Agent Hotchner and Agent Prentiss.

Amelia felt her stomach sink, and she wasn't sure it was in a metaphorical sense anymore.

Agent Hotchner (probably) hated her guts and would demand her to be taken off the team this instant! He (probably) detested the fact he had to see her face and would (probably) be sick if he looked at her any longer than he had to.