𝘃𝗶: break

chapter six / season three, episode three

PATRICK WALKER WAS DEAD.

You don't know who that is. Amelia didn't until the call came in for a body, found by a runner, was called in at a lake. Patrick Walker was a man of routine, whose landlady had reported missing shortly after the hotline had opened due to the fact he never went against routine.

Now, Patrick was dead.

He was drowned, and just another body and another fear added to their unsub's list.

Spencer joined Hotchner to align himself with Amelia's theory. Yesterday, the boy genius had not been so sure but today it was as clear as day what connected these victims; that a man who they trusted to help overcome their fears betrayed them, and sentenced them to a death by the one thing they feared most.

Spencer was now the one to defend Amelia's theory against Derek and Emily while the girl was... well, the Doctor didn't quite know where she was. "Look at the MOs of the victims, what do they all have in common? They could all be classified as 'anxiety disorders'."

Amelia came running in at the word anxiety, had you ever heard of something some perfectly timed?

Spencer looked to her, as if he was waiting for her to interrupt him but she instead shook her head with a smile and encouraged him to continue.

"It's right out of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual. It lists five subtypes of phobias."

"It's about the fear," The unit chief said, turning to the board, "These people are killed by their fears."

Derek and Emily were now on board, and JJ had secretly been on board with Amelia's theory the whole time, so the two agents at the scene would look for further evidence while the agents at the station would listen to whatever information Amelia had spent time collecting.

Time which looked as though it had been all night.

Agent Hotchner wasn't happy with that, especially when he could tell the girl hadn't been sleeping in the first place.

"Sir," Hotchner cringed, he wished she'd call her Hotchner instead, "You told me to go away and think about what type of job the unsub had and at first I was really overthinking it,"

Was that hard when it came to Amelia?

Plus, Amelia had spent the majority of the night declining calls from that same forsaken unknown number.