𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶: dates for penelope

chapter thirteen / season three episode eight

IN RECENT WEEKS AMELIA LEVINE HAD DEVELOPED A ROUTINE.

A strict routine that she had to stick to on the weekdays, because if she didn't stick to that routine she would undoubtedly freak out and end up in the small space between her toilet and sink.

The routine had been adapted the day after her panic attack on the jet so that she didn't wake up every morning with the fear that she'd have another one, instead of focusing on that fear she focused on the time constraints placed between each and ever step of the routine.

It was working for Amelia, so far.

She had five minutes wrapped up in her duvet after her alarm, before having to get out of bed and spend ten minutes in the shower and so on.

Amelia couldn't tell you if her methods were healthy, but they worked and that was all she really cared about.

The only time Amelia had really feared that she would have another attack was when she was on the jet, the mode of transport didn't call for any routine and she often found herself crowded with thoughts about how she'd end up back in that small space, tugging at her ears for the ringing to stop or throwing up into the toilet.

The case they had recently finished in Montana didn't help either. Amelia had been drinking water non-stop meaning that when she had to go home, she desperately needed the toilet.

She didn't go.

Amelia held it in the whole trip home.

Her doctor (and body) were definitely not pleased.

Amelia just did what she had to make sure she didn't have another attack. And whether that was healthy or not didn't matter her.

What was healthy, though, was Amelia leaving the house at the correct time (on the dot) so that she could meet Penelope in the coffee shop before their work day started.

It had been Amelia who suggested the idea after she realized her and the technical analyst lived in close range to one another and the agent was desperate to make new memories in the coffee shop she had been left stunned by Jason Gideon.

And who better to make new, and good memories, with other than Penelope Garcia?

(The answer was no-one. She was the absolute best option)