𝗶𝘅: hotch watch

chapter nine / season three episode five

TW: mentions of molestation, if you are uncomfortable with this subject, please do skip this chapter and prioritize yourself.

AMELIA WAS HAVING A MUCH BETTER DAY AT WORK THAN SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN HAVING AT HOME.

Even if Derek had been watching her very intensely and realizing that Amelia was not fully herself today, which would no doubt result in him pulling her aside before the end of the day.

Still, she'd ignore that and go ahead with her day.

She could barely go ahead with her paperwork.

Not only was Derek looking up from his own paperwork every five minutes to check if Amelia had face planted into her paperwork from exhaustion but Aaron Hotchner decided to keep looking out of his office window and keep a close eye on his latest agent.

He'd stole her gun. (Within reason) and now he was watching her like a hawk.

He probably thought she was crazy. (He was more concerned for her than anything)

Amelia had deduced that Derek - no, Morgan (he was her co-worker, not her friend) - had looked up at her every five minutes but Agent Hotchner managed to do so every two minutes.

And for the Unit Chief who had a lot of paperwork, he sure didn't seem busy up in his office.

You see, the second that thought crossed Amelia's mind before a phone call came in and bare in mind Amelia had kept the thought inside her mind until at least three o'clock turned. Which meant she had to be some type of ultimate jinx for a call to come in seconds later.

It was not just any call.

It was a heart-wrenching call. A call that no-one, and I mean no-one, liked to receive.

A girl - Katie Jacobs - had gone missing in the mall. That might just seem frightening to any civilian but it was so much worse than that. Katie was another girl, of the same age who had been kidnapped at the same time of the day of a past victim of a public kidnapping.

That victim had not survived.

Child cases were something no-one liked, it was often the cases they fought harder to solve and questioned suspects with more anger because these were children. The most vulnerable in society who have our evils unnecessarily forced onto them.