𝘅: halloween

chapter ten / season three episode six

AMELIA LEVINE HAD SOME PEP BACK IN HER STEP. And when Derek Morgan said 'some' he meant some.

Derek didn't know if the minute amount of pep had come from the fact her parents had returned back to New York and could only bother her with text messages and phone calls or that Amelia was back to drinking coffee.

That was an incredible amount of progress for the woman who had gone at least two weeks without the liquid.

It had been day ten of her coffee cleanse when Derek thought about pouring the liquid gold down her throat because he couldn't deal with her quips and remarks - which had become more mean and sarcastic as the days flew by.

He didn't mind that they were mean, he could take it. It was just the distance Amelia created between herself and the team that had worried him.

It had been ever since that day when she came into the office when she wasn't supposed to that Amelia seemed to treat her co-workers as if they were actually co-workers and not her friends.

Derek didn't know what had been said to her, he just knew who had said what to who.

The day Thomas Levine died (hopefully soon) Derek was going to throw a party.

And it was not to celebrate Thomas' life.

Because Derek didn't know what had been said to Amelia, he didn't exactly know how to go about making sure she realized they were friends and not just her co-workers. It had started with a coffee run and leaving quotes from the Great Gatsby on the lid.

Spencer had told him that was her favorite book, because it was the only book she'd ever had time to finish in the past few years.

Derek asked Spencer what books the girl might like, the genius had shown him her wishlist she'd written.

Derek bought five of them and placed them on her desk. They'd been delicately wrapped and a bow stuck on-top by Penelope.

Amelia hadn't been too sure how to react when she unwrapped the present. She hadn't received a present in years, and not a present wrapped so beautifully.

Amelia had looked up at the members of the BAU and asked if these books were actually for her.

They'd broken into smiles when Amelia ran her fingers up and down the spine as she fought a smile.

Progress. She hadn't stopped thanking him since he placed them on her desk.

Derek had told her not to worry. She did, because no-one ever got her gifts. She didn't know how to repay him.