𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶: a good day

chapter seventeen / season three episode ten

AMELIA WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY.

In fact, Amelia had been having a good week. No. Scratch that.

Amelia had been having a good few weeks.

Which for a woman of Amelia's status good weeks were hard to come by.

Ever since Penelope had been given the once over by her doctor and officially released from the hospital, Amelia and Derek had been glued to the analyst's hip and usually there was nothing Penelope loved more, but considering the two agents wouldn't leave her side it became suffocating.

Very quickly.

If it hadn't of been for the tubs of ice cream and watching the two bicker in the kitchen every evening, over what they were cooking for dinner, then Penelope might've lost her mind.

She enjoyed Amelia and Derek's company and it had boosted her mood in a low time but at the same time she had felt like pulling her hair out, or moving out of her own apartment just to escape them.

Amelia and Derek had been none the wiser to Penelope's apparent frustration with them and whenever other agents came round to visit they never understood why they kept laughing at the two who wouldn't leave Penelope alone.

Except Rossi.

Rossi had been enraged that they'd managed to ruin a perfectly good pasta recipe.

Penelope had been worried that they were going to burn her kitchen down while Rossi shouted at them in Italian, which only Amelia understood and then had to translate to Derek - who by the end had learnt an abundance of new words.

The two agents had thoroughly enjoyed their time camping out at Penelope's apartment and keeping the blonde company. They had pillow fights, movie nights and even spa days! (That Derek Morgan was forced to participate in)

Amelia hadn't felt this relaxed in a long time, she didn't think she'd ever enjoy life as much as she was enjoying it right now. Amelia enjoyed moments in negotiations, but they would mostly be separate from the team and outside of work, Amelia found herself enjoying life at work (minus the blood and the gore, of course) and enjoying life at home (even if she wasn't really at home...?)