𝘅𝘅𝗶: sorrows and screams

chapter twenty-one / season three episode fifteen

TW: mentions of suicides, if this topic makes you feel uncomfortable please skip the small section it is mentioned in or skip the whole chapter just to be safe. prioritize yourself, not a book.

PITTSBURGH WAS SEEING A RISE IN SUICIDES. A rise in suicides that were actually disguised as murders. Or, that's at least what the BAU were seeing it as after one day in the Pittsburgh station where the officer had mentioned his concern for these cases.

The officer was related to one of the men who had committed suicide, he was one of many parents who had committed 'suicide' and were linked to a fire in which children had died.

Derek believed it for what it was: suicide. With no further link but grieving parents who couldn't possibly handle it anymore.

Rossi and JJ were more than willing to take the case to help out the officer who strongly believed his brother would never commit suicide and that there was something deeper linking these cases together.

Rossi was lead on the case today. Considering, that Agent Hotchner had claimed his one day of person time off and would be arriving at the hotel sometime tonight to join the rest of the team and take over.

Amelia didn't believe it to be suicide, she believed in the link between those that had supposedly taken their own lives. Amelia believed there was someone out there preying on these grieving parents and causing a worse time for the families.

She hadn't voiced her opinion on the case, not on the jet, where she'd remained neutral and provided evidence for both sides of the argument, and not once did she voice her opinion when her and Emily were in the station looking through the details of the suicides and trying to detect if there was any signs of foul play.

Amelia had felt like her mouth had been zipped shut all day. Or, a lock had been placed on them, sealing them shut with the key thrown away forever. She couldn't tell you why. Because, she never really knew why she ever felt the way she did.

Amelia was sad, tired, angry at the world. And yet, instead of taking those emotions out on the world, she kept quiet, like a child who had just been scolded.

Maybe she was scared to speak because she knew her voice would crack, and then would come the out- pour of questions of: 'Are you alright?' Or, 'Are you okay?'

Yes. She'd say. Swallow back her tears and pretend the moment never happened. Yet, everything was happening and nothing was okay. And Amelia didn't know how to react to any of it.