Chapter 1

Hi! I'm gonna make this story a little different. And a little more smutty. Please comment and let me know what you think.

——————————

Rory's POV- September 2010
I was sitting in grandparents' house one Friday night, only half listening to my grandmother talk about some woman who pissed her off at the last DAR meeting. I was more focused on an article that I was writing, but at some point someone said my name, effectively snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I was distracted" I said "what did you say?"

"I asked how Evan is doing" grandma said

"Oh" I said. I didn't really want to be talking about Evan, but he wasn't at dinner that night so I knew that someone would ask about him. Evan Astor and I had been together for a little over a year at the time. He was a wildlife photographer who sometimes took pictures for the times. That's how we met. He usually came to Friday night dinner with me, but this week he was in Africa on a work trip "He's fine"

"How come he's not here?" Grandma asked "He wasn't here last week either. you are still together, aren't you?"

"We're still together" I assured her "he's been on a work trip for the past couple of weeks weeks"

"When does he get back?" Mom asked

"Tomorrow night" I said

"You've been together for quite some time now, haven't you?" Grandma asked

I roll my eyes internally, knowing where she's going with this. "I guess you could say that"

"Any chance of a wedding sometime soon?" Grandma asked

There it is. The question I dread. When are you getting married? If you ask me 25 is not old enough for people to be worried about you getting married. Grandma likes to ask that question a lot. As if I know when I'm gonna get married. Our relationship is great, but I definitely wouldn't say that we're ready to get married. We don't even live together. I mean, we might as well, we each have a key to the other's apartment and always spend the night together anyway, but my grandparents don't need to know that.

"I don't know grandma" I said "I'm not so sure we're ready for that"

"Why not?" She asked "you've been together for over a year"

"Can we not have this conversation again?" Mom asked "they will get married when they want to. If they want to"

"Thank you"

The rest of dinner went by uneventfully. I drove the two and half hours to my apartment in Manhattan and when I walked in, I was shocked to see Evan standing in my living room.

"Oh, my god!" I squeal and run over to hug him

"Hey beautiful!" Evan said. He put his hands around my waist and pressed his lips against mine "I missed you"

"I missed you too, but what are you doing here?" I ask "I thought you weren't getting back until tomorrow, I was gonna pick you up at the airport"

"I wanted to surprise my amazing girlfriend" he said and kissed me again, this time more deeply

"Well, consider me surprised"

Logan's POV-

"No!" I say for the tenth time

"She's a very nice girl" My mother insisted

"I don't care" I said "I don't need you to set me up with another girl so I can spend another evening pretending to be interested in whatever stupid crap she's talking about"

"I have to set you up because you don't date" mother said

"I don't date because I don't want to. What don't you understand about that?" I asked. I don't date, it's true. But it took me a long time to get over Rory, and I don't wanna be hurt again. I'm fine on my own. I don't feel like I'm missing companionship. I'm not lonely. I have my friends, and I can still pick up women when necessary.

"You're 27 years old, Logan" dad said

"Really? I didn't know that" I said sarcastically

"I'm serious" dad said

"I know" I roll my eyes

"You have to start thinking about settling down"

"How about this...when I'm ready to settle down, I'll let you know, ok? In the meantime, it's getting late and I have to get home" I said and left before either of my parents could say anything else

Rory's POV-

I woke up to the feeling of Evan's arm around my waist and him kissing the back of my shoulder. I laid there for a few seconds, with my eyes still closed before turning around to let him know I was awake.

"Good morning" Evan said and smiled at me

"How'd you sleep?" I asked him

"I don't recall that much actual sleeping taking place" He said with a smug grin on his face.

I smacked his chest

"What?" He asked, laughing

"You know what" I said

"You're gonna act like we aren't naked under this blanket right now?" Evan laughed

"Evan!"

"Ok. Ok. I'll stop. But I do have to tell you something" he said

"What?"

He put his hand under my chin, gently lifting it up and softly pressed his lips to mine

"I missed you, you know that?" I said

"I missed you too" Evan ran his hand up my leg, all the way to the back of my head and kissed me again. He traced kisses down my neck, to my chest before I put my hand on his cheek and brought his lips back to mine.

"Stop" I said, reluctantly breaking the kiss

"What's wrong?" Evan asked

"Nothing wrong" I sighed "I just don't have time for this right now. I have to go to work"

"It's Saturday"

"I know, but I have this article that's due on Monday, and I figured since you weren't gonna be here, it wouldn't matter if I went into the office"

"You work too much" He said, sounding disappointed. He was kinda right. I do work a lot, but that's how you get the best assignments.

"Dinner tonight?" I asked 

"Deal"