Chapter 6

Rory's POV-

Logan and I didn't spend thanksgiving or Christmas together. I spent both holidays in Stars Hollow with mom and Luke and while my mom knew about that first time that I slept with Logan, she didn't know that we were back together. Even if she did, I didn't think that it was really appropriate to bring him after only being back together for a short time.

New Year's Eve found me at a rooftop bar in time square with Logan, Finn, Colin, Stephanie, Juliet, and Rosemary. The guys went to get another round of drinks, leaving me, Stephanie, Rosemary, and Juliet at the table. We found ourselves talking louder than normal, actually we were basically shouting, since the bar was crowded and the music was loud

"He's happier, you know" Stephanie said

"What?" I asked. I wasn't sure what she meant

"Logan. He's been a lot happier lately and I have a good feeling that it has something to do with you" I'll admit that hearing that made me feel pretty good. "Any chance we'll be hearing wedding bells soon?"

I roll my eyes internally. Less than 2 months we've been back together and already people are asking about us getting married? Luckily I didn't have to answer the question because the guys came with the drinks back before I could. "Here Ace" Logan said as he put a drink in front of me. He sat down next to me and put his hand on my thigh "I think you'll like this" I don't know what's in the drink but it was a vibrant, electric blue color.

"What's in this?" I ask with a chuckle. I'd never seen a drink like that in my life.

"Who cares?" Finn asked "it'll get you drunk and that's all that matters" I just shook my head and laughed a little

"It's lemonade, vodka, sprite, and blue curaçao" Logan told me "you said to surprise you and I figured a blue drink would do that" I smelled the drink before taking a sip "how is it?" Logan asked.

I slid the glass closer to him "taste it". I thought the drink was good, but I wasn't so sure it would be Logan's cup of tea.

He put his hand on my cheek and kissed me deeply. "It tastes good"

"That's not what I meant" I laughed

"I know" he said and kissed me again

"Hey lovebirds" Finn said "if you're done making us all want to vomit, it's 11:59" 

Logan's POV- 

We sat at the rooftop bar, where we had a clear view to watch the ball drop at midnight. I had my arms wrapped around Rory as we watched the ball drop.

"3...2...1...happy new year!" Everyone at the bar cheered. I put my hand on the back of Rory's neck and pull her close to kiss her. "Happy new year  Ace" my forehead was still pressed against hers

"Happy new year"

Rory's POV-

The next morning Logan and I were asleep in my apartment. His arm was loosely around my waist.  Around 11:30 there was a knock at the door that woke us up. It took a few seconds for me to remember that mom and I had plans today and it was her who was knocking. In that moment I was just thinking about the fact that we were barely dressed. I was wearing a big Yale T-shirt and underwear and Logan was just in his boxers.

Logan's POV-

I wake up to a knock at the door followed by Rory's voice "crap!"

"What's wrong Ace?" I mumbled, still half asleep

"That's my mom" she said and started getting out of bed. I hadn't seen or spoken to Lorelai since Rory's graduation and I sure as hell didn't want the first time she sees me in almost 4 years to be when I'm half naked in her daughter's bed.