Chapter 21

Rory's POV-

It was Monday, which meant that mom and I were in a restaurant for our usual Monday lunch. The Pulitzer award ceremony was only 3 days away now and I was definitely getting nervous. "You're quiet" mom said.

"I'm thinking"

"About the Pulitzer?"

I nodded "I know the odds are so low, but I really do wanna win. Besides I worked so much harder on this article than the Israel story, and it's so much better. If one of them is gonna win me an award it should be this one" The article was one that I wrote in July.

Logan's POV-

I had to work late on Tuesday night, and when I got home Rory had fallen asleep, reading. I moved her book and carefully covered her with the blanket. When I started to walk away, she grabbed my hand and held it against her chest. I laughed a little and tried to take me hand away but she tightened her grip. "Ace" I laughed. I knew that she wanted to cuddle and that's probably something I'd never say no to, I was still  dressed for work.

"Come to bed" she mumbled, without opening her eyes

"I'm going to but I have to change first" I tried once again to get my hand back, and once again she held it right

"Nope"

"You do realize that if you want to cuddle, I have to change first, right?"

"Ugh" she pouted "change fast"

"Lightning speed" I chuckled and kissed her before going to change. I changed, brushed my teeth, and got into bed "one more day" I wrapped my arms around Rory, pulling her close to me "you nervous?"

"A little" she said "trying not to be though. Whatever happens, happens"

Rory's POV-

Thursday night found me sitting in between Logan and Brooke at the Pulitzer award ceremony. Unlike when I was there a year ago, I wasn't nervous. I knew the odds. If I win, great! If not, fine. 

"-ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in over 80 years..."

Holy....crap! That was the moment I knew that I won. I was the first person in 85 years, and the second person ever to win two years in a row.

The next few weeks were busy. In the few days after I won, I was interviewed for several different publications. I was also asked to teach a course at Yale, the next school year

Third party POV-

One Saturday night in June Logan and Rory went out with the LDB gang.

"Question time" Stephanie said. Nobody ever knew where she was going when she said that but it was usually entertaining. "Finn. If you could sleep with anyone in the group, who would it be?"

"Rosemary" Finn said, without missing a beat. Even after all these years he still had a thing for redheads.

"Never gonna happen" Rosemary rolled her eyes

"Logan, who would you sleep with?" Finn asked

"Uh...Rory" Logan said. Was that not obvious?

"Boring" Finn scoffed

"Ah yes. Being a good husband. Very boring" Juliet said sarcastically

"Whatever"

Rory's POV-

September rolled around and I found myself driving to New Haven every other Tuesday to teach a course at Yale. When there was about 5 minutes last to the class, a certain blond haired someone caught my eye, in the back of the room. As the students filed out of the room, Logan walked down the stairs, towards me. "What are you doing here?"

"I had to go to the Hartford office today, and thought you might let me take you to lunch" He said "Rich man's shoe?"

Rich man's shoe! I haven't thought about that place in years

"Does that smile mean yes?"

"I believe it does"

That night we were sitting up in bed, Logan was working on his laptop and I was reading. There was something that I wanted to talk to him about, but to be honest, I was nervous to bring it up. "Logan?"

"Yeah Ace?" He didn't look up from the computer

"Put that down for a second"

"What's going on?" He asked as he took the laptop off his lap and put it on the bedside table

"What do you thing about um..." oh my god! Just spit it out! It's not like you haven't talked about it a million times. I don't know why I was having such a hard time getting the words out. "What would you, um...think about me going off my birth control?"

Logan's expression turned to shock...but I think it was in a good way. "Really?"

I nodded

"You're serious?" He smiled

"Mhm" I nodded

He put his hands on my cheek and kissed me

"Is that a yes?" I laughed

"Yeah, Ace. It's a yes"

Third party POV-

"What's the date?" Brian asked

"November 17th" Bailey told him

"And when does our Christmas break start?"

"December 20th. Why?"

"I'm trying to book my flight to spend Christmas with my parents"

Rory was standing at Bailey's desk, looking at pictures of her baby, Griffin, who was now about 7 months old. "I'm your boss, Brian. You shouldn't say stuff like that in front of me" she didn't really care if people were actually working while they were in the office as long as everything got done on time.

"Do you actually care?" Brian asked

"No" Rory chuckled "oh, this one's so cute!" She held up a picture of Griffin

"30 seconds after that picture was taken, he threw up on Matt" Bailey told her

"I didn't need to know that"

"Yeah, well that's reality. Babies are gross"

Not exactly what Rory wanted to hear while she was trying to have one, but it's not like she didn't know that.

"He's cute, though" Brian chimed in

"He really is" Rory said "He looks like you too"

"Thank you!" Bailey shouted. This caught Rory off guard

"Woah. You're still in an office building"

"Sorry" Bailey chuckled "Everyone always says that he looks like Matt, which kinda pusses me off because I didn't do all work to get a carbon copy of my husband"

Logan's POV-

A week before Christmas, I got home from work to see Rory at the kitchen table, doing something on her laptop. "Hi" she said

"Hi" I leaned down to kiss her before sitting next to her "how was your day?"

"It was good. I took a pregnancy test"

Excuse me?! Is that something that you just blurt out like that.

"It was negative"

"You ok?"

"Yup"

I didn't fully believe her, because as badly as I wanted her to tell me that that test was positive, I knew that she wanted that even more. I knew she was disappointed. "Come here"I wrapped my arms around her and she rested her head on my chest "we will have a baby, ok?"

"Yeah"