Chapter 13

Rory's POV-

"Are you ok?" Logan asked as we walked into our apartment after a night out with Bailey and Matt.

"I'm fine"

Logan knew that I was stressing out about the Pulitzer and I think he was a little worried, but I really was fine. "Ok good" he put his hands on my waist and gently pressed his lips against mine.

"Oh, you know what we should do?" I don't know what made me realize it then, but it had just occurred to me that we should probably get both our families in the same room sometime before the wedding.

Logan gave me a dirty look and reached his hand behind me, slowly unzipping my dress. This man... I thought. And you know what? If i hadn't been thinking about our parents in that moment, it probably would've worked. "Not that"

"No?" He looked disappointed

"Not no" I said. He chuckled "but that's not what I was gonna say" he gave me a questioning look "we need to get our families together...before the wedding"

"Ace" He whined. I knew he wasn't gonna want to. I didn't want to either, but those people all being in the same room for the first time had disaster potential and if that was the case, it had to happen before the wedding. "You really wanna do that? It's gonna be a disaster"

"Exactly! You want that disaster happening at our wedding?"

"I hate when you're right" He groaned

"You love when I'm right"

"Alright, so what exactly are we talking about here?"

"Dinner. Your parents, my parents, us" I said. He just stared at me "I'll make it up to you. I promise"

"You don't have to make it up to me" he said "you're right, it needs to happen"

Logan's POV-

Rory and I sat in the car, outside the restaurant. I was ready to go inside, but Rory was nervous. "Ace, if you wanna be in there already when my parents get here, we have to go in" Lorelai and Luke were already inside but Christopher and my parents hadn't gotten there yet.

She took a deep breath "please, let this night not be a disaster"

We walked inside and found where Lorelai and Luke were sitting.

"You know this is gonna suck, right?" Lorelai asked as Rory and I sat down. Rory sat down on Lorelai's right side, and I sat to Rory's right. Luke was sitting on Lorelai's left

"Yup" Rory said

"So how goes the wedding planning?" Luke asked

"It's going" I nodded

"Are you cutting your hair before the wedding?" Lorelai asked. Rory's hair has gotten really long. Like really long. Past her waist.

"What's with all the questions" Rory asked

"I need a distraction from our impending torture" Lorelai said "the torture that you two orchestrated. Thanks for that, by the way"

"No. I'm not cutting my hair before the wedding"

"Good. It's pretty like this"

"Hi" Christopher appeared. Rory stood up to hug him and I shook his hand before he sat down.

The atmosphere has definitely become a little more tense. I could only imagine what it would be like when my parents got there.

Rory's POV-

"You look nervous" mom said to me

"I wonder why"

"Mitchum and Shira still don't approve?" She asked