Chapter 15

Third party pov-

The night before the award ceremony Rory and Logan were laying in bed. Logan was asleep but Rory was too nervous to sleep.

"Logan" Rory whispered "are you awake?"

"No. It's 3am" Logan grumbled "Why are you?"

"What if I lose?"

He was very confident that she was gonna win, but he didn't wanna tell her that she wasn't gonna lose because he didn't know that for sure. "Then you lose" Logan said "and life goes on"

Rory sighed "I really wanna win"

"I know" he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close.

Logan's POV-

I was standing in front of the mirror, tying my tie, when Rory walked out of the bathroom. "Your tie is crooked" I didn't respond, just fixed my tie.

"How are you feeling?"

"I don't know"

"Come here" I put my hands on her waist "you are incredible. You're an amazing writer and you don't need an award to tell you that"

She took a deep breath "we have to go, we're gonna be late" she started walking towards the door but I pulled her back

"You know that I love you, right?"

"I know. I love you too"

Rory's POV-

As we walked into Columbia university, I felt Logan's hand wrap around mine. My heart was practically pounding out of my chest. I don't think I'd ever been that nervous. "Breathe Ace" Logan squeezed my hand. We eventually found Brooke and Philip and took our seats. The ceremony started.

"The guy sitting right behind you is the guy you're up against" Brooke whispered to me. I'd read his article, it was good...really good.

They made their way through the categories, announcing the winner in each one. I was so nervous that I didn't hear any of it, and barely heard when they announced my category.

".... And now, here are the finalists in international reporting"

I felt Logan's hand squeeze my knee. They announced the other 2 finalists in the category before me.

"And Rory Gilmore of the New York Times for..."

I was so nervous that I could focus on what they said.

"And the Pulitzer goes to..." it felt like it took him an hour to open that envelope "Rory Gilmore! For her-"

Holy crap! I won? I won. Am I dreaming? After the ceremony, everyone made their way to the lobby.

"How's it feel?" Brooke asked me with a huge smile on her face

"I cannot believe that just happened"

"Believe it, Ace" Logan put his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek

"I'm still not convinced that I'm not dreaming. I was so sure that I was gonna lose. I mean, I read the articles that I was up against, and they were really good. I just-" I trailed off when I noticed Logan staring at me "what?"

"You're cute when you're in shock"

Logan's POV-

The gang was all over at mine and Rory's apartment the next day. (Saturday)