Chapter 9

Logan's POV-

I stood outside Lorelai's house in Stars Hollow, trying to work up the courage to knock. I don't know how long I was actually standing there before Luke appeared behind me. "Logan?"

"Hey Luke"

"Is everything ok?" He asked me

"Yeah, I was just about to knock" I told him. That probably wasn't true. I'm pretty sure I would've spent all day standing there if he hadn't shown up.

"Alright, well come on in"

I stood in the living room while Luke went to get Lorelai from upstairs.

Lorelai's POV-

I walked down the stairs and saw Logan standing there. He looked nervous. Rory wasn't with him. She actually wasn't even in the country. It didn't take much for me to figure out why he was there. "Hi Logan. What's going on?"

"I uh...I have something to ask you"

I already knew what he was gonna ask "yes"

"Yes?" He looked confused

"You have my blessing" I told him "just make sure she says yes this time"

Logan's POV-

I was certain that I wanted to marry Rory, but we hadn't even been back together for a year yet, and I wasn't sure if she was on the same page. I was thinking maybe Christmas, but I wasn't sure when exactly or how I was gonna do it.

Before I knew it 2 weeks had passed and I was standing in the airport waiting for Rory to come out.

"What are you doing here?" Rory asked when she walked out of the terminal and saw me. When she reached me I put my hands around her waist and kissed her. "What about 'I'm gonna take a cab because I land at 3am' do you not understand

I laughed and wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tight. "I missed you"

"I missed you too, but you didn't have to come"

"You just spent 12 hours on a plane. You really believe that I was gonna let you take a cab?"

"I guess not"

When we got home we both went straight to sleep.

Rory's POV-

When I woke up a few hours later, I was alone in bed. I could smell coffee, so I made my way to the kitchen where I found Logan sitting at the table, reading a newspaper. I walked up behind his and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, resting my chin on his shoulder "hi"

He put his hand on my arm that was across his chest "hey, you're up"

"I'm up" I kissed his cheek and went to get myself a cup of coffee "are you going into the office today?"

"Yeah, a little later. I have some stuff to take care of"

I sat down across from Logan.

"So tell me about Israel"  Logan said "did you learn Hebrew?"

"Israel was cool, and no. I did not learn an entire language in 2 weeks"

"Well, can I take you to lunch later, before I go to the office?" He asked

"Can't. I have to go to work" I said. As exhausted as I was, I wanted to get started on my article.

"You just got off a 12 hour plane ride. You're going to work?"

"I have to start my article while everything's still fresh in my mind" I could see the look of 'my girlfriend is crazy' on his face "this article is a hug deal. It's gonna be published in the New York Times, but also New York Times magazine, New York Times international, and on the website. It has to be as good as it can possibly be"

"It will be"

I took one last sip of my coffee before getting up "I have to shower, I feel all planey"

Logan chuckled a little "planey?"

"Whatever"

Logan's POV-

I was sitting in Finn's apartment with him and Colin. I wasn't so focused on what they were saying. They were trying to plan our next life and death brigade event. I was thinking about how I was gonna propose.

"Hey, what's the date?" Colin asked

"October 1st" I said. Rory and I had plans to go away for her birthday which was a week away. I was strongly considering proposing while we were away. We would be in Paris, so it would be a good opportunity.

Colin was complaining about something but I wasn't listening. I don't know how long passed before I heard Finn calling my name. "Logan? Logan, are you in there? Earth to Logan!"

"Maybe he's dead" Colin said with a slight chuckled

"I'm not dead" I rolled my eyes "I'm thinking. A foreign concept to you, I'm sure"

"What could you possibly be thinking about that's more important than planning this?" Finn asked

I smiled a little "how I'm gonna ask Rory to marry me"

"Are you serious?" Colin asked. I could tell he was surprised. Finn too.

"I'm serious" I nodded "I just have to find the right time" 

"Any thoughts?" Finn asked

"Either her birthday, because we'll be in Paris" I told them

"Paris is good" Finn said "romantic"

"Or Christmas" I said. I'd pretty much settled on doing it at Christmas at that point "she loves Christmas. And I think I have an idea for how to do it, but I'd need some help"

"We're listening"