Chapter 24

Rory's POV-

I sat on the couch with my phone in my hand, waiting for my dad to answer the call. As much as I'd have liked to tell him that he was gonna be a grandfather in person, he lived in Boston. "Hey, what's going on?" My dads face appeared on the screen "I don't think we've ever FaceTimed before" I spoke to my dad often but usually just over the phone.

"Are you sitting down?"

"No" he looked confused "should I be?"

"Might be best" I looked at Logan so was sitting in a chair, across from me.

"Ok. I'm sitting" dad said "what's up?"

"I have something to show you"

"You have my attention"

I grabbed the sonogram picture from the coffee table and held it in front of the camera so he could see it.

"What? Oh my god! Are you serious?"

"Very serious" I chuckled a little. Everyone has the same reaction.

"Congratulations"

"Thank you!" Logan shouted.

"So when do I become a grandfather?" Dad asked

"October 8th"

He laughed a little. "What are the odds?"

"Pretty good, apparently"

Logan's POV-

"Are you gonna tell us why we're here?" Mom asked. Rory and I decided to invite my parents, Honor, Josh, and the girls over for dinner, but of course my mother insisted that we do it at their house.

"Well, we have some news" I said. I took a deep breath. I knew my dad would be happy, but I was a little worried about how my mom would react, and how that reaction would affect Rory. "you guys are gonna have another grandchild"

My dad smiled "that's great news! Congratulations!"

"Thank you" I noticed that my mom was just sitting there. She didn't say anything or react in any way. I was really hoping that she wasn't about to say anything that was going to upset Rory.

After a few moments of silence, she spoke "how far along are you?"

"11 weeks" Rory said

"Hmm"

Please, please, PLEASE, do not make my very hormonal wife cry! I put my hand on Rory's knee.

"I assume your family knew first" she said "like always" Rory's family did usually know about things first, but we're closer to Rory's family so it only makes sense that they knew first.

"Why is that important?" I asked

"They always know first. God forbid we get some news first once in a while"

Did it really matter who knew first? Everybody knew at the end of it

"Shira" dad warned

"When are you due?" Mom asked

"October 8th" Rory told her

"Is that your birthday?" Dad asked. Color me impressed. I didn't expect him to know that.

"It is"

"Not a very fun way to spend your birthday, is it?" Mom said

"I wouldn't know, would I?" Rory said. She knew what my mother was doing, and I was happy that she wasn't letting it get to her.