Chapter 8

I was in my kitchen when I felt Logan's arms wrap around my waist from behind. "Hi" He said and kissed me right where my neck meets my shoulder. That spot drove me crazy and Logan knew it. "You smell good, you know that?"

"I showered"

"I know" He started kissing my neck.

The amount of strength it takes to resist this man... "As much as I'd love to continue this fun" I said as I turned around to face him "we have somewhere to be"

Once a month my editor would take the whole team (4 writers) and their significant others (if they had one) out to dinner. I don't know why he did it, but I wasn't gonna complain.

We got to the restaurant, which was only a block away from my apartment, and within a few minutes Logan and I were sitting at a table with Bailey and her husband Matt, my editor Philip and his wife Jenna, and 2 other writers Marcus and George.

"Did Brooke yell at him?" Marcus asked. For whatever reason the conversation had made it to the incident in the office from a few days before "did he get fired?"

"I don't know" I said. I really didn't want to be talking about it. I later found out that he did get fired.

"The whole situation was insane" Bailey said

"It was mortifying, and I wish everybody would just forget about it" I said. Logan squeezed my leg under the table. I don't know what it is about Logan, but he has the ability to make me feel better without even talking. It's like as soon as he touches me, everything stressful melts away.

The conversation moved to something lighter and the diner was overall enjoyable. Towards the end of the meal, when we were probably only a few minutes away from leaving, Logan put his hand on the inside of my thigh, just above my knee. It was a common occurrence that Logan would rest his hand on my leg or lower back so I didn't think anything of it until he started slowly sliding his hand up. Once he reached the hem of my shirt I put my hand over his, stopping him. I felt him look at me and I could tell he was smiling but I didn't look back. He knew exactly what kind of effect he was having on me and as much as I would've wanted to let him go further, we were still in public. Once Bailey and Matt excused themselves everyone else started leaving. Logan and I made our way to my apartment and as soon as I closed and locked the door, he pushed me up against it, kissing me deeply. "Do you have idea how badly I've been wanting to do that?" he asked, just above a whisper.

"I think your hand in my skirt was a good indication" I laughed.

Third party POV-

The next months went by uneventfully. Rory worked. Logan worked. They hung out with their friends. Logan started going to Friday night dinner with Rory whenever he could, much to Richard and Emily's delight. They were thrilled when Rory told them that she was seeing Logan again. Rory and Lorelai continued their weekly lunches in the city and before they knew it, it was August of 2011.

Rory had fallen asleep, watching a movie with Logan. She was laying with her head on Logan's shoulder and his arm was around her. He was sitting there not focused on the movie, but thinking about Rory. More specifically his future with her. He reached over to grab his phone, being careful not to move too much so he didn't wake Rory, and using his free hand he texted Honor.

I need your help with something.

Logan's POV-

I was sitting in a bar with Rory, Finn, Colin, and Stephanie.

"Did I tell you that Honor called me today?" Rory asked me.

"You didn't" I said. I knew that Honor called her but not because she told me.