Chapter 12

Third party POV-

A few days before New Year's Eve, Rory and Logan were getting ready for the New York Times' winter gala. "So is this thing just New York Times employees?"

"No" Rory said "It's the New York Times but there will also be people there from other papers. New York daily news, New York post, Washington post, San Francisco chronicle, Chicago tribune, and so on and so forth"

Logan walked over to Rory and hugged her from behind "you look hot" he kissed her neck. She turned around in his arms, put her hand on his cheek and kissed him. "Ace, if you keep doing that we're gonna be late"

"You have no self control" Rory said with a slight chuckle

"Not when it comes to you, I don't" He pulled her closer to him and kissed her

"You better keep your hands to yourself tonight" Rory patted his chest and went over to the dresser to put her earrings in her ears.

"No promises" Logan smirked

"I'm serious Logan" Rory warned him "this is my job. Keep it PG"

They finished getting ready before heading to the gala.

Rory's POV-

We walk into the gala and I immediately see Bailey and her husband Matt, standing at a table. We went over to them to say hi. "Hold the fucking phone!" Bailey said, a little too loudly and grabbed my left hand. "What the hell is that?"

"She's like a drug sniffing dog for diamonds" Logan joked

"I'm pretty sure that's not a diamond, and you could see that ring from space" bailey said "how could you not tell me?"

"It just happened" I told her

"Define just"

"The day before Christmas Eve" Logan said

"Oh, then you get a pass"

"Congratulations" Matt said

"Thank you" Logan and I said at the same time

A little while later I found myself standing in the crowd, looking at my editor in chief who was standing at the front of the room giving a speech. At the end of his speech he said something that caught my attention. "And they don't know it yet, but I was informed today that one of our writers here at the New York Times has been nominated for a Pulitzer Prize"

"Wow" Logan whispered. A Pulitzer Prize. That's huge.

"So, I'd like to be the first to congratulate our very own Rory Gilmore for her nomination. I wish you the best of luck, we're rooting for you"

Shock. I swear it felt like my heart stopped. What the hell did I do to get nominated for a Pulitzer Prize? The rest of the night people kept coming over to congratulate me. At one point Logan went to the bathroom and I went over to the bar to get something to drink. "Can I just have a glass of water please?" I asked the bartender.

Just then I heard a familiar voice behind me "a Pulitzer, huh?"

"Hi Jess" I said. I didn't even need to turn around to know that it was him. The last time I'd seen him was at my mom and Luke's wedding.

He walked over to stand next to me at the bar "so I see that double congratulations are in order"

"What?" I asked. Double congratulations? I had no idea what he was talking about.

He nodded towards my left hand "when did you get married?"

"Oh. I didn't yet" I told him

"Well then, congratulations on your nomination and on your engagement"

"Thank you" I said "so where are you working now?"

"I'm at a small publishing company" Jess told me "nothing big, but we got invited so..."

At some point while Jess was talking, Logan appeared next to me and put his hand on my back.

"This your fiancé?" Jess asked

"Yeah. Jess, this is Logan. Logan, Jess" I introduced them. (AN: I know that they meet in the show. I'm choosing to ignore that)

"Nice to meet you" Logan said and shook Jess's hand

"Yeah. You too"

Logan's POV-

The day after the gala, I was sitting with Rory at our kitchen table, trying to get somewhere with wedding plans. "So we have September 3rd, blue and grey, we know that Eleanor and Sophie are our flower girls, and other than that we have nothing" I read from the list of what we already knew we wanted. I looked up at Rory and she wasn't focused at all "Ace, you ok?"

"What? Yeah. Why?"

"Did you hear what I said?"

"No. Sorry. What did you say?"

"What's going on?"

"In the span of a week I got engaged and nominated for one of the most prestigious awards in journalism" Rory said "how the hell did that happen?"

"Well, you got engaged because I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and you got nominated for the award because you're an incredible writer who wrote an amazing article"

Rory took a deep breath "alright, I need to not think about the award because if I do I'm gonna puke" she said. The awards ceremony wasn't for another 4 months and she was already stressing out about it. I was a little worried. "Let's do the wedding"

"Ok, I have an idea"

"Shoot"

"There are a few things we need to decide, let's pick a category and on the count of 3 we'll both say the first thing that pops into our head"

"Alright. Colors?" She asked. I nodded. "3, 2, 1"

"NavyBlue" I said. "Grey" Rory said

"Both?" I asked

"Ooh, I like it" Rory smiled

"And it matches your ring" I pointed out. The center stone of Rory's ring was a deep blue sapphire, and there were 2 smaller diamonds on either side of it. "venue?" She nodded "3, 2, 1"

"Hotel" Rory said. "Library" I said.

"Library?" Rory asked

"Yeah. The New York public library does weddings"

"That. Is. Amazing."

I laughed a little. I had a feeling she'd love that idea  "alright, I call later and make sure that it's available on September 3rd"

"Ok, what about our wedding party?" Rory asked. I was thinking that this part would be pretty easy.

"Finn, Colin, Josh" I told her "what about you?"

"Lane, Paris, Bailey" she said "and then Eleanor and Sophie are our flower girls. Do we need a ring bearer?"

"I don't think we have anyone to do it"

"So we'll skip that. Give the rings to the officiant?"

"Yeah" I nodded "what about food?"

"On 3?" Rory asked. I nodded "1, 2, 3"

"Cheese" I have no idea why that was the first thing to come out of my mouth

"Tacos" Rory said "cheese?" She looked at me like I was nuts

"Tacos?" I couldn't imagine why Rory would want to eat something messy at the wedding.

"I love tacos. You love tacos. I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't love tacos. Tacos is not weirder than cheese"

"Ok, fine. Cheese was weird, you can forget I said it, but you wanna eat tacos in a wedding dress?"

"Oh...I didn't think of that. Let's come back to it"

"Ok, I will call all the vendors, and the library and see what's what"

"We need to get our marriage license" Rory said

"You wanna go next week?"

"Tuesday?"

"Perfect"