Training

- Moon

I awoke to loud bells. I groaned and sat up to head over to the closet. I put on my black leggings and black tanktop. I grabbed my leather jacket and put my hair in a high ponytail.

I looked in the mirror and was surprised to see myself. I had never worn anything but old rags. I looked like a spy on a mission.

The only mission I'm on is to not die. Lets see how that goes.

I brushed my bangs and headed towards the door. I stopped and noticed Qibli. Who was out cold. I sighed.

I walked to his bed and shook him. "Qibli! Wake up we have to go!" I said. All I got in response was "Hrmph?"

Qibli lazily sat up and looked around. He yawned. "Where am I again?" he asked. "Candy land. Where do you think? The initiate dorms." I said sourly.

That got Qibli to really wake up. He jumped out of his bed and ran into the closet to get dressed. He came out moments later look ready to go.

"Ok, I'm ready!" he said happily. He practically skipped out of the dorm. "Qibli!" I yelled before he left.

"Don't forget the bracelet." I said. He nodded and put on the bracelet. I did as well.

We walked down the hallways until we reached the main auditorium. We found Kinkajou and Winter and sat beside them.

"Welcome, today is your first day of testing! I wish you all the best of luck to your tests. Starting with the Jade Winglet at fighting!" Crystal announced.

Winter, Qibli, Kinkajou, and I all headed to the fighting arena. We could hear the noise of talking but couldn't make out the words.

Then a group of 16 year olds walked in. Crystal entered as well. "Jade Winglet you will be fighting the Gold Winglet today." she said.

I nodded. First up Kinkajou vs Bigtail. Kinkajou smiled.  Kinkajou was very short and tiny so I was curious to why she was excited.

She hopped onto the map and Bigtail stomped onto it frowning. "I will go easy on you Kinkajou." Bigtail said gruffly.

"No need." Kinkajou said. They began. Kinkajou circled Bigtail. Bigtail took a swing at Kinkjaou but she dodged it causing him to lose him balance.

Her swung her body weight around and landed roughly on his back. Like instinct, Kinkajou's arms wrapped around his throat in a tight choke.

"When do I stop?" Kinkajou asked. "When he passes out." Crystal replies. Kinkajou looked hesitant but continued choking.

After a moment Bigtail fell unconscious. My jaw dropped. When Kinkajou left the mat I asked her, "How did you do that?"

She smiled. "Ever since I was a little girl I always wanted to be a hero. So, I trained and trained until one day I could fight. I was top of my class back home." Kinkajou says proudly.

I looked at her. "Can, you teach me? I mean us girls have to stick together right?" I ask nervously. She grinned. "I would love to teach you!" she said happily.

I sighed. "Thank you." I said. "Yeah, meet me here after training today." she said. I nodded. I walked over to Qibli.

"Do you think you will win a fight?" I asked. He didn't answer right away. "I believe so. I have already found at least 4 ways to take down each opponent." he says absentmindedly.

"How? Are you a secret genius or something?" I asked. He grinned. "Something like that." he replied. I laughed.

"Would you win?" he asked me. I shook my head quickly. "No. I didn't grow up fighting. I got along well with most of the Nightwings. There was no one to fight." I replied honestly.