Together For Now

- Qibli

The most terrifying part of today was by far when I heard Moon scream my name. I didn't hear anything but my name.

I was in the middle of a conversation with Swordtail and I just took off running. He heard it too though so it wasn't too weird.

I am a bit scared from Jerboa's brutal death. I'm not against it though. The way Moon screamed and clung onto me made me hate her.

The amount of fear she caused Moon made me want to get in the action a bit. I definitely didn't realize Darkstalker had that dark of a side.

Caught me off guard for sure. So did the loud screams to erupt out of no where.

Next loud clanging noises filled the air. I looked around wildly. In the far distance, people were running towards us.

My eyes widened. I grabbed a sword on the table next to me. And it hit me.

Where is Moon? Shit! I need to find her!

I burst into a sprint searching everywhere. She was no where, where she could be safe.

I ran straight into the battle. Skywings were surrounding me. Nothing mattered, just get to Moon.

I dodged swords flying everywhere praying I don't get hit.

At the top of the trees, Silkwings shot blow darts either killing or knocking out whoever they hit. Leafwings stood at the beginning of our defense.

Poisonwings killed effortlessly, Skywings dropped like flies. I am now close to the middle of the battlefield.

Moon! Where are you?! Come find me please!

I pray she hears me in all this madness. But it turns out, my attempts to save her screw her.

I see her bright green eyes turn as she looks around wildly. A Skywing raises her sword. And swings at Moon's head.

Everything stops. But it still goes to fast. Moon is on the ground. But the Skywing falls too.

I run up to her, panic in every vein of my body.

"Moon!" I shout. I crouch over her and she looks at me. I let out a breath. Just a cut along her cheek. She isn't dead.

I look up and see Deathbringer standing over the Skywing who tried to kill Moon. I give him a grateful smile.

"I made a promise a intend to keep." Deathbringer says. Moon look between us and looks down.

That must hurt to find out about. I nod and help her stand up.

"We need to get out of here." I say quickly. "What? No! I'm not going to start a rebellion and then hide in a cave as they fight!" Moon argues.

"You're going to die!" I stress. "I'm not abandoning my army." she says stubbornly. I gulp.

"Then I'm staying with you. We both are." Deathbringer declares. I nod. We start to run, Deathbringer and I stand on each side of Moon.

Just keep her alive Qibli. Don't let her die.

That kept me going. I stop she dies. So I don't stop. We run and run without stopping.

When we get to the edge of the forest we stop and catch our breaths.

A twig snaps and all three of us have our sword poised up ready to defend. A young Seawing boy appears. He has shaggy light brown hair and bright green eyes.

He holds no weapon. "Turtle?" Moon asks.

The guy who killed Kinkajou.

I'm driven with loss and hatred. Moon turns to me immediately.