The Spark

Warning lots of pov changes

6 months later

- Moon

Life in Pantala is peaceful. The first few months were crazy. Hundreds of people swarming us, not trusting us. Some even hate us.

But it's better now. I live with the Leafwings. Or as some call the Poisonwings. The Leafwings are divided evenly betweent the Poisonwings and the Sapwings.

The don't do queens either. The Sapwings leader is a brisk old woman named Sequoia. She is like a president. The Poisonwings leader is Belladonna.

Sundew's mother. She is more like a commander. The Sapwings are kind people. But I like the Poisonwing area better. And they allow me to stay here.

Darkstalker also enjoys it here. He finds it oddly peaceful. The Hivewings are the worst thinv about Pantala.

They have a queen. Queen Wasp. She is creepy. Her mind is really dark. She sees everyone as pests. And she is the queen bee.

Whiteout seems to be at more peace too. Turns out the Silkwings are super into painting and weaving. Whiteout's closet friend is a boy her age Dusky.

I am cloest to Darkstalker obviously, but next would be Cricket. She loves to read like I do.

Darkstalker enjoys the Leafwings the most. Poisonwings to be exact. He likes their fiesty and dark personalities.

I've met Cricket's crush Blue a couple times. He is possibly the sweetest person in this world. I can see why she likes him.

I still stuggle with missing people back home. Deathbringer and Glory the most. But the ache of missing Qibli grows everyday.

Yet some days it numbs, and I can enjoy my new life. The people from here don't know about Qibli. I don't have the strength to utter his name without breaking.

So they try and set me up with people. All of which have failed. They just aren't Qibli. One of them I liked though.

His name is Mandrake. He is a shy boy. Sweet and pure. His mind is peaceful to listen to.

I liked him the best out of the boys Cricket and Luna will try to set me up with. Mandrake just was different from them.

I'm not sure about the whole romance thing right now though. It seems like the last thing I need.

I lay in a meadow somewhere in the Poison jungle. The breeze blows me hair in my face. Scents of exotic flowers fill my nose.

Beet of all I hear no one. Just birds chirping and leaves flying around from the wind.

The sun shines on me and the flowers glow next to me.

Life is finally fixing itself.

A year after the battle Qibli was killed.

- Deathbringer

Glory had just left the house to go to market. I sat up with a sigh and got dressed for the day.

After eating an apple I went back into my room. There in the middle of my bed was a letter. Curiously I opened the letter that had my name labeled on it.

My heart stopped as I read it. Is was from Moon. Moon was alive. She is alive.

I start to hyperventilate as Glory walks inside. "Deathbringer? Deathbringer! What the heck?! Breathe dude, you've been doing it for nineteen years!"

I laugh and calm down a bit. Tears fill my eyes as I shove Glory the letter. She reads it slowly. Then she gasps and looks up at me.

I hug her. "She's alive! Moon is alive!" I shout. Glory smiles. "Yeah."