Sleep Well My Love

- Qibli

Every passing day should be a blessing. Everyday that goes by where I still have Moon.

But every moment we get closer to this war the more filled I am with fear. Every ounce of my being wants to freeze my arms around her.

Protect her from every horror in the damned world. That's all that matters.

Unfortunately, she is ok with death. Maybe not ok, but she isn't as terrified as I am. She's dying for something she believes in.

Part of me wishes I had never mentioned ending the war. If I hadn't said that, Moon could have another 50 years on her life.

And now it could be down to a matter of days.

So yeah I'm not in the best spirits. Especially because we are leaving Pantala in a day.

Everyone on our side is off with their families. Saying goodbyes. So I spend my day with Moon. Every second of it.

Because it very well could be my last day with her.

I take her hand and rub circles in her palm, gently waking her up. Her eyes flutter open and still for a slight moment, there is pain and then shock in her eyes.

Seeing my face is still shocking for her. In a way it's bittersweet.

The pain in her eyes is the pain that lingered there constantly, while I was back on Pyrrhia without her.

That pain fueled her every breathe and came alive in her nightmares. The pain of loss.

The pain of loss is one of the only pains that can never be fully healed. Sometimes it can't even scar.

But it will always numb. And that is what she became, Numb.

Which makes me want to make her smile everytime I can. Because I know that will never fully heal.

Even though she didn't lose me. She had grown used to the pain. It was as apart of her as her personality is.

But either way she did lose someone. Kinkajou. The only person on this planet, who has literally always been there for her.

Those two went through everything together. When I was away at the boys camp, Moon had her. All until the day she was kidnapped.

Then she had Darkstalker. While in moments I want to smack him in the face, I can't deny that he was there for Moon when I wasn't.

So I restrain myself. But sometimes it gets on my nerves.

Her beautiful eyes search my face. I smile gently at her.

"Good morning beautiful." I say. She rolls her eyes doubtfully and sits up. I shake my head in amusement.

I don't care what you say. You are beautiful.

She shakes her head. "What time is it?" she asks tiredly. "A quarter to nine." I reply.

She nods and looks at the sand. Her hand reaches up and grabs something around her neck.

She fiddles with it nervously. "What is that?" I ask. She looks up at me puzzled but then gets it.

Moon takes the thing off of her neck and holds it in her palm. It's a pretty necklace that compliments Moon's eyes and skin color.

"My parents gave this to me the day I met you." she says. I smile. "It's pretty. I'm surprised I haven't noticed it." I comment.

She blushes and shrugs. I grin. She is so adorable. Sadly good moments never last and I am filled with dread.