Soulmates

- Moon

I couldn't move. I wasn't breathing. I didn't even notice Qibli's arm on me.

Icicle's cold eyes focused on me. If looks could kill I would be dead a long time ago. She stepped slowly yet menacingly towards me.

I shivered even with Qibli's warm arm. "Moonwatcher."she breathed when close enough to be heard.

My breath hitched in my throat. "You ruined my life. I was sent away to the Skywings. They tortured me. And I am going to make you pay." Icicle promised.

"But I won't just kill you. No, that would be too simple. I am going to slowly murder everyone you love right infront of your eyes. Then let you endure all that pain."

Icicle's eyes were filled with insanity. As if someone locked her in a room for months in compete silence.

Qibli stood in front of me now. Her crazy gaze moved to Qibli. She grinned wickedly at him. Then all at once she lunged at me.

My hands flew up to cover my face instinctively. I let out a small yelp before she collided with me.

This is the end. She is going to kill me.

I heard a blood curling scream. I opened my eyes and saw Icicle laying on the floor covered in blood. Winter stood above her.

"Winter?" I gasped. He gently took my hand. "Moon, I won't let anyone ever hurt you." he said calmly. "I will kill my own sister for your safety." he assured me.

My shocked and comfused gaze went to Qibli. He had a long cut going across his chin. Not too deep probably won't even scar.

"Oh my gosh! Qibli!" I yelped. He smiled ruefully. "Winter was a little too late to keep her from getting me." he grumbled.

I put my hand on his cut. He winced at the contact and I immediately dropped my hand. I looked down and saw a now limp Icicle.

A now dead Icicle.

I shuddered at the gruesome mess under me. I pulled out a cloth out my my pocket and wiped away all the blood on Qibli's face.

"Thank you." Qibli told me. I smiled at him and nodded. "The least I could do for someone who got in the way of a crazy person trying to kill me." I replied.

He grinned a crooked grin. I couldn't help, but blush just looking at him. "Why are you embarrassed?" he teased.

I blushed even more.

He laughed. I groaned as more blood rushed to my cheeks.

Why does he have to be so good looking? I look so plain and boring compared to him. Prince and a village girl.

He put his hand on my waist and held me still looking me straight in the eye. A small smirk made a way onto his face as he stared.

I blushed again. "Stop!" I groaned. He laughed and kissed me lightly.

He pulled back before being knocked to the floor. In a flurry someone was trying to beat him up- again.

How many times is this going to happen today?

I lifted my foot and kicked the stranger in the head. The man stumbled at the kick.

He looked at me in confusion and hurt. Everything stopped. I knew that shaggy hair and dark brown eyes.

All I could hear was my heart pounding. And then a yelp as Qibli punched the him in the face before standing protectively infront of me.

I grabbed Qibli's wrist to stop him from hurting his attacker anymore.