Tomorrow

Last day of year 17

- Qibli

" Qibli! Calm down!" Deathbringer told me as he shook my shoulders. I looked up at him.

He sighed. My hands were shaking and I couldn't stop them.

" Calm down? Do you know how excited I am?!" I shouted. He sighed.

" Not really. But, I can imagine. I have no idea if I will see Glory today. Most likely I won't." he said.

I grinned widely.

The last stupid day at this stupid school. Tomorrow I might get to see Moon at the gathering. Most people my age are rolling in their beds terrified if they are making it into the army. But, I can't be scared if I have a chance to be with Moon.

It's impossible for me.

I stood up and walked out of our dorm Deathbringer on my heels.

I have grown to be very close to Deathbringer. No we didn't experience eachother's fears, but we are still close.

He is about the only friend I have right now. Winter is still convinced that Moon will love him when she sees him again.

I know that won't happen. But, I'm not very sure about Moon still liking me. It is one of the scariest thoughts I have had.

We headed towars the auditorium where Narwhal will give us the end of the year speech. Turns out that Narwhal is Winter's father and they played total favorites this year.

Me and Deathbringer got into some unfair fights this year because of that. " Please settle. I am aware you are all excited to see your pathetic little girlfriends tomorrow." Narwhal says.

I clench my fists. He does that on purpose. He is testing our emotions to see if we can control them.

All I am going to say is that Deathbringer isn't great at it. He clenched his jaw and I sent him a look.

He tightly nodded at me.

I hate it when he talks about our loved ones like that, but the more you react the more he does it. It just ends in pointless violence.

" And some of you won't see them. So, don't get your hope too high. Anyways please gather your things. We have a ling trip to the Ice kingdom." Narwhal said.

Then he walked away.

"*"

- Moon

I listened to the birds chriping. Yesterday Mink transported half of the girls to the border of the Ice kingdom.

We are meeting the boys here today. It is barely sunrise and I must admit that the sky is beautiful in the Ice kingdom.

I leaned against the balcony of the cottage we are all staying in. It's about twenty five girls. We have fifty total 17 year olds in our class for the war.

About a quarter of those will be cut. Kinkajou stood beside me glancing out at the ocean.

Today I might see Qibli. I have longed for his warm touch and his soft smile for a long time.

And with time memories dull and I havw trouble picturing him sometimes. But, I can still remember his blonde hair, soft brown eyes, the freckles on his face.

But other details falter. I ran a finger arcoss my forearm.

A long scar ran from my wrist to my elbow. I sighed as I remembered the day I was blessed with this horrid scar.