3. Gracie

I didn't know whether to be embarrassed, ashamed, heartbroken, or downright pissed off.

The four emotions swirled low in my gut, then invaded my entire body. I was a prism of feelings, refracting each of them as the two people in front of me continued their sexual escapades without noticing me.

I gave a huge mental middle finger to the people who remodeled this home before Jason bought it, because they sure greased the hinges to the doors well. So much that you didn't even hear when one opened.

The imaginary two-sided tape on my shoes caused me to stick to the impeccable wood floors, body frozen and unable to walk away.

Jason pulled back from the woman, who crawled on her knees in front of him and took him in her mouth. He leaned forward and palmed the fullness of her butt cheek before swatting at it. She didn't yelp or shriek but moaned in delight.

She mumbled out, "More," while Jason's cock so obviously filled her mouth.

"You want more, baby? I'll give you more."

His voice was husky and low and full of arousal. I had the pleasure of hearing it more than a few times during our time together. The last time was just a few days ago. It had the ability to melt your panties straight off your skin. But this time, that heightened level of lust never hit me. In no way, shape, or form, did I want to get naked for the man in front of me. The man who was cheating on me.

God. What was wrong with me?

How didn't I see this coming? Was it going on for long? Was this a one-time occurrence, or was Jason sleeping around behind my back?

Suddenly, I didn't know how I managed to secure his attention at Rosie's house-warming party. I didn't know how I kept it up for all this time, but by the looks of it, I clearly failed somewhere along the way. A whole new level of unworthiness flushed through my veins, and the voice I heard at the other end of it wasn't mine or Jason's. It was my mother's, the one person who was a pro at making me doubt myself. My abilities. My smarts. My talents.

Jason's hips rocked forward, and I could picture what was happening on the other side of his body. How his hardened length was most likely slipping in and out of his sexual partner's mouth, going as far as hitting the back of her throat if her grumbled gags were any indication.

Jason never did that to me.

Never ate me out.

Never smacked my ass.

Never fucked my mouth like he was doing to this woman.

And why?

Why?

What was so different about her? What made her better than me? What made it easier for him to fill her sexual needs and ignore mine?

I didn't know.

Apparently, I didn't know anything.

Not even the man I pictured spending my future with.

I finally got my wits about me and swiped at the tear that dripped down my cheek. I didn't know when it had the time to form but there was no point in stopping it. Not when it felt as if my beating heart was being pulled from my body and crushed between two naked bodies.

I blinked and watched them move in unison before Jason repositioned himself again. This time moving to the side of the bed as he shifted the woman onto her stomach and lifted her ass in the air. I didn't stay to see what she looked like. Outside of seeing her smooth brown skin and curly dark hair, that is. My eyes flicked to Jason, and he looked over.