t h i r t y - o n e

CECILIA'S POV

My duvet wrapped tightly around my body like a warm, unwanted hug. The curtains that I had pulled back last night doing nothing to keep out the blaring sun that unwelcomely entered my room.

With a groan, I unwrapped myself, letting my body free of the sweltering heat. It wasn't long before I realised that my laziness had caught up to me and that I didn't know the actual time in Greece but rather unhelpfully, the time in England. So I had to go with my gut feeling and no matter if it was 8am or 12pm, I got up and made my way over to the en-suite for a much needed freezing shower.

"The princess is awake!"  Marcus exclaimed with wide arms once I walked into the kitchen, pushing a bottle of water over to me. I couldn't drink coffee, it made me shake and according to the intense research on google, I managed to pick out my worse options meaning that either my livers doesn't produce enough CYP1A2 or I could just have a caffeine intolerance. Either way, I was not too much of a morning person.

"Marcus, you got up like five minutes ago." Tessa scolded, spinning round to flaunt the pancakes in her pan. "Look what I made! Your mum sent me the recipe."

"You better not mess up Jo's pancakes or I will be so unbelievably mad." Adelina pointed at Tessa, a frown on her face but a joking in her tone.

"I would never do so thing!" Tessa responded, putting her hand to her heart, offended.

"You messed up her Lasagna and now whenever I go round I have to request for her not to cook it because I am so traumatised. Do you know how bad it is to miss out on something so delicious?" Quinn placed both hands on the counter, fake tears briefly cascading down her face. If it wasn't obvious, she was a Drama major.

"Thank you for making them." I but it, sitting down in one of the stools across from Tessa who gave me a bright smile, but my view was blocked my a hand being smacked into my forehead.

"Are you feeling okay? You do have a temperature." Marcus slightly panicked, his palm firmly on my forehead before it was removed so he could grab my chin and assess my face.

"It's 28 degrees out there, we all have a temperature." Lina butted in, head in hands, a sign she was going to say something I didn't like. "She saw Landoo yesterday of course she is happy." She dragged out the 'o' in Lando and moved her shoulders around slightly.

"Of course." He shrugged, to which I glanced up at him, a scowl in my face. "No she is definitely okay." He nodded his head vigorously before walking away, over to Quinn.

"Breakfast is served!" Tessa danced slightly as she walked, two plates on her hands as she placed them neatly onto the poshly made-up table.

"What are we doing today?" Lina asked, taking a bite.

"Parasailing." Quinn dramatically put two hands on either side of her plate, leaning inwards.

"No way." I replied quickly, having a fear of deep waters. While on holiday, my parents, my sister and I decided it would be cool to rent one of the peddle boats with a slide on the back and take it out, so we did.

I went down the slide once.

You could see everything but nothing because it was black.

Terrifying. 

Never again. 

"I vote yes." Lina said to which Tessa and Marcus agreed, leaving me heavily outnumbered.

"Fine." I broke, erupting cheers from all of them.

"I have no idea how you made me agree to this." I shook my head as the boat drove out further and further into the sea. Tessa and Adelina were going together and then Quinn and I. Marcus had insisted on doing it alone, saying it would add to the experience.

"Well it was rather simple, which means somewhere in you wanted to do it." Tessa briefly rubbed my hands reassuringly before getting up to get strapped into the harness.

"Have fun!" Quinn called out after them just as they began to rise, Lina's slight shouts of regret quickly being drowned out.

"That will be us soon." Quinn's face was euphoric as she watched them in the air, their screams being heard from all the way down here.

"Is it bad I researched beforehand?" I asked in a whisper so only Marcus could hear, he shook his head.

"I saw a story of a woman being fully submerged underwater for like a minute and she had to undo her harness so she could get to the surface and not drown and I also saw a video where the thing snapped and also a lot of the accidents are fatal and that it causes approximately sixty deaths per year but over thirty years there has been 1,800 injuries and fatalities." I rambled, fully turning my body towards him.

"If only you put this much effort into your studies." He mumbled under his breath before also turning to me. "You will comeback down to the ground and be telling me all about how amazing it is and how stupid it was to be so worried. I am so confident about that I would bet £100."

"I can't afford that." I stated before turning back around, doing my deep breaths, allowing me to breath in the sea air mixed in with the calming oils I had put on my wrist and collarbones.

"That was amazing!" Tessa shouted once she landed back on the boat, immediately, Quinn jumped up dragging me with her.

"You ready?" She asked, shaking her shoulders and legs before stepping into the harness and I did the same. It wasn't long after that, that we were being lifted into the air. Quinn grabbed my hand, squeezing it as I closed my eyes.

"THERE'S A TURTLE!" She screamed into the air, pointing our hands downwards to show me where to live.

"DID YOU KNOW THAT THE TEMPERATURE OF THE SAND A TURTLE HAS LAYED ITS EGGS ON DETERMINES THE GENDER OF THE BABY." Fun facts were my coping mechanism.

"NO FUCKING WAY." She dragged on the 'way' as we lifted higher it soon turning into a scream, a small silence followed which was soon shortened by her singing a song from Moana.

"WHAT ARE TOU DOING?" I asked causing her to stop midway.

"WE ARE SO WATCHING MOANA TONIGHT." I stated, just as we began to lower, soon hitting the deck.

Marcus was right, that was awesome.

"I'm so happy I decided to not wash my hair this morning." Adelina laughed once we walked through the door, after parasailing we had made the decision to walk around for a bit and then we popped into a restaurant for dinner before Tessa and Adelina got dared by Quinn to dive into the ocean so as a result, they were soaked through.

"You lot get snacks ready while we shower?" No response was needed as we all fell into place, Quinn and I going straight into the kitchen to place the heavy bag of snacks we had picked up meanwhile Marcus going over to the TV to set up the film.

Once popcorn was done and crisps were put into selected bowls and the selection of nuts Tessa had insisted on getting being sectioned off, we all sat down if the sofa. Marcus and Lina on one sofa, the rest of us gathered on the L shaped ones each comfy enough just as the movie started.