f i f t y - s i x

˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚🐚⋆ ༄ real life ❝

CECILIA'S HANDS GRAZED over his curly hair, the hairstyles that she was creating for him leaving a calming aura to surround the pair. She was sat behind him on the kitchen counter, the brunette man stood in between her legs as he scrolled on his phone.

"Maybe you should try a mohawk." Cece commented, her hands falling down to the sides of his head before going upwards once again , bringing every strand of hair she could so she could gather it up to create a makeshift version of the style.

Lando merely hummed in response, his phone being slid into his pocket before he lent backwards, his head landing on the highest point of her chest.

Marcus soon skidded in, his body being forced to put in every defence mechanism to fight gravity so that he would not fall directly onto the tiled floor. He had a towel thrown over his shoulder and a pair of goggles, that were most definitely made in mind for children, placed over his eyes. His steps were as fast as Cecilia had ever seen him go, nothing holding him back from doing whatever mission he had recently assigned himself.

"What are you doing?" Lando quizzed, watching as the other man made his way directly to the pool through the opened glass doors.

Marcus simply put his hand up, pausing for a brief moment before he started right up again. "My donations jar will be open in 20 seconds."

He announced much louder than what was needed for the two people closest to him to hear his words.

Cece sat there for a second, closing her eyes in confusion. She leant backwards to get a better view of what was about to happen but that was to no avail, her eyes refusing to focus on his silhouette. Without a second thought, her confusion took over far too much to ignore, lightly pushing the man in front of her away, much to his displeasure.

Lando muttered a small 'you may as well just leave him to it' before he gave up, following behind her like a lost puppy dog. His head was thrown backwards with a childish frown on his face.

"What are you doing?" Cecilia repeated the previously asked question however her tone seemed to be more motherly. Her hands found their way to her hips as one of her legs dropped to down.

"I am about to do so many laps in the swimming pool, I would out do those people that swim the thames.  I just found out that every single morning we have been here, Lina has been doing fifty laps a day. Fifty! Like, how did she have time for that? Then, she decided to rub that in my face. So here I am. Donations can be made in that jar right there." Marcus explained quickly, his hand briefly pointing towards a hat placed neatly on a deck chair.

In front of it read a sign, 'PLS DONATE YOU ALL ARE RICH ANYWAY and I deserve the money x.'

This sped up explanation caught Lando's attention as he regained strength in his neck, lift king it back up to properly look at Mark.

"How's £2?" He joked as he searched his pockets, turning them inside out before shrugging with a lack of effort. "Never mind mate, don't have any cash on me."

Marcus's eyes slowly looked him up and down, a small scowl briefly taking over his face. "Venmo exists. Last time I checked, I'm worth a lot more than pocket pounds and we are in the 20th century."

The man next to me turned his head to face me, a look of slight disbelief lingering in his eyes. I merely gave him the same shrug he had previously given in response.

"You should set a minimum donation." I suggested, placing my hand over my eyes so I could see Mark's look of approval.

"This is why I voted you as future entrepreneur in year 6." He nodded quickly, scrambling to find the pen he had previously used for his sign.

"Does anyone have a pen?" He almost shouted in a panic, his movements now frantic in attempt to write down the idea before it grew legs and ran away.

From all the ruckus, the others were attracted. Daniel poked his head out the door, his eyes quick to find the sign placed strategically in front of the door. A laugh closely followed behind, soon joined by a couple held back snorts.

"You guys are ruining my momentum." Marcus jumped up and down, twirling his hands around as though he was about to do a hundred metre sprint.

"Doesn't look like you have any." Quinn giggled watching as he hesitated do dive in the pool.

"Yeah? Well, at least I didn't fall down the stairs and have everyone in this household laugh at me." He defended his honour, looking at her with a look that screamed 'obviously.'

"At least I didn't get scammed on adopt me as an adult!" She immediately argued back, taking a few steps forward so she could shove him in the pool. "There. Done, easy."

Marcus's screams of pure horror soon followed, his body resurfacing rather quickly. They sounded as though he was in a horror film, most likely being torn apart limb by limb.

"You alright there?" Lando questioned with hesitation. He watched on as the so called man in front of him flailed around in the water, continuously splashing himself in the face as he fought to stay afloat. 

The sun blared downwards onto the pool, reflecting its light rays into all corners of the house. A light hint of wind could be felt on my bare flesh, sending a tingle of goosebumps downwards.

Everyone continued to stare at Marcus's fast paced movements, a look of confusion coating their faces. None made any moves to save him, far too shocked by his reaction to know what to do.

"Why. . is this so . . . cold?" He screamed in between sinking under the water. In a matter of seconds, his survival instincts kicked in. Finally, he turned himself onto his back to regain his breath once again. A deep sigh exited his mouth before he flipped over, once again regaining his 200 laps.

"What's his venmo?" Lando was quick to say. He jogged inside to grab his phone, his eyes flicking up and down attentively as Quinn shouted it to him. With a small nod, the money was sent and he came back out, laying down underneath the gazebo to get the best view possible.

"Comfy?" Max asked with a side eye, peeking around the wall to be able to get a view on what his friend was doing. He slowly shook his head, closing his eyes before walking off.

authors note- lol
(that's it, that's my excuse seeing as I put one every time I update) sorry tho, like actually.